JarheadNYC

Skydiving Vacation - Florida vs. Eloy, AZ - Last week of February

Guys & Gals -
Planning a week vacation last week of February where do you think I'll get in the most jumps. My major concern is weather last year I was grounded (2) days due to high winds in Florida Deland, Palatka, Z-Hills. I know your not meteorologists but I figured you could give me some input. Thanks in advance!;)
Blue Skies
Live every day as it was your last, one day you'll be right!

Eloy sucks You dont want to come here.

The planes are slow, the beer is warm, and the locals arent friendly.

;)

Weather wise, AZ is always a better bet. But it's a bet. Even a place that jumps 350 days/year gets 2 weeks of unjumpable days.

Remster

So does the DZ in Eloy. Now, as far as just out of the DZ, that is another story! :D

And yes, you are right. The nighlife in downtown Zephyrhills is rocking! ;)

Casa Grande has a few bars and restaurants. Tucson is 50 min away, so is Phoenix. Thats about the same as going o Orlando, or Tampa from most of the big DZs in FL.

Dont get me wrong, I've enjoyed jumping in lake Wales, Seb and Z Hills, but if the guy is worried about weather, Eloy is the better bet.

Remster

Thanks for all the input we decided were going to make a road trip down the East Coast from NYC to Florida and hit DZ's on the way down to Florida.

I be cursing up a storm if we get grounded due to weather and the weather is awesome at Eloy, AZ. Anyway we'll eventually make it to AZ some time this year. Thanks to all that posted, Blue Skies!
Live every day as it was your last, one day you'll be right!

Thanks for all the input we decided were going to make a road trip down the East Coast from NYC to Florida and hit DZ's on the way down to Florida.

I be cursing up a storm if we get grounded due to weather and the weather is awesome at Eloy, AZ. Anyway we'll eventually make it to AZ some time this year. Thanks to all that posted, Blue Skies!

Florida will be fine, just drive to the sunshine, there will be a DZ there!!! ;)

Have a safe trip!

Perhaps rephrasing it will shed more light on things......

Skydiving vacation- Worlds largest magnet for natural disaster and temperamental weather(Florida) vs. Worlds largest dropzone with the nations highest percentage of good weather year around according to NOAA (Az).
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Perhaps rephrasing it will shed more light on things......

Skydiving vacation- Worlds largest magnet for natural disaster and temperamental weather(Florida) vs. Worlds largest dropzone with the nations highest percentage of good weather year around according to NOAA (Az).

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hey, watch it. I resemble that remark;)

So does the DZ in Eloy. Now, as far as just out of the DZ, that is another story! :D

And yes, you are right. The nighlife in downtown Zephyrhills is rocking! ;)....................

You just haven't experienced nightlife until you've experienced the Crystal.:)

And yes, you are right. The nighlife in downtown Zephyrhills is rocking! ;)....................

Is that the biker-ish bar in town, along a busy road/highway? It rings a bell from my trips there a long long time ago now!
Remster

Is that the biker-ish bar in town, along a busy road/highway? It rings a bell from my trips there a long long time ago now!

Bikers, locals, rednecks, skydivers, Royal Marines, old fart yankees ..........everyone has a good time and gets along very well there.;)