popsjumper

Georgia's first SCSA

Georgia's first SCSA!
The Star Crest Skydiver Award recipient, (hoop dive) must freefly the exit (no grips), pass through a hoop held by two others and form an 8-way or larger formation on the other side of the hoop. A minimum of ten skydivers are required to earn this award and the 2 hoop holders are included.

12-way, Skydive The Farm, 11/7/09, 3:30pm
:)
http://starcrestawards.com/awards/index.html
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Georgia's first SCSA!
The Star Crest Skydiver Award recipient, (hoop dive) must freefly the exit (no grips), pass through a hoop held by two others and form an 8-way or larger formation on the other side of the hoop. A minimum of ten skydivers are required to earn this award and the 2 hoop holders are included.

12-way, Skydive The Farm, 11/7/09, 3:30pm
:)
http://starcrestawards.com/awards/index.html

Its also the first time the award has been issued in about 8 years (its been available for over 40), so with this 12 way, the last number issued will be 360! So once the GA group is awarded there are only 360 in the world that can say they officially did it!!

Great skydive guys!!!! It has taken me 8 years with about 40 attempts to get this.
What a great day and i really appreciate everyone giving this two tries today!!!
THANK YOU ALL!

Congratulations, Andy & co. It's a fun jump, that takes a lot more discipline than one would think sometimes.

Wendy P.
SCSA-130
NSCSA-26
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Congratulations Andy. Now go up and do it at night.

Sparky
SCSA – 329
NCSA - 105

So Bill Newell sent me some video from 1993 in Perris containing hoop dives. Pretty nice flying, but as we got further into the video (multiple jumps) I began to see something. If i am not mistaken there was extra altitude.......but what caught my attention was not only was it extra at the top but also the bottom:o.

Some names and locations in this video he included in a letter were Perris Pukes, Mike Dimenichi, Tim Moorehead, West Point, and Elsinore jumpers. He said Mike rigged the hoop with red and green lights with switches that the holders used as a traffic light for the night divers.

Good ole days!!! (not really that old, but for some...);)

And to both of you NSCSA holders...Damn nice!!! Would you do it again?
The NSCSA would be the only reason I would do another night jump, ok maybe for a NSCR instead. LOL

Awesome job guys. I remember doing a couple of those hoop jumps at the old Air Ventures DZ in Rome in the mid 90's. We tried for the SCSA, but came a couple jumpers short.

I don't think I ever saw another attempt outside of one jump at the WFFC.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Andy, You should do some of these in Fitzgerald.

You mean to tell me I have been trying to get this for 10 years, I told Andy he needed to get on this and he decided to go, then we get it!! And now you invite him to organize them at your boogie???
Damn thats it, Im going to the other SkyFest 2009!! :)

Seriously, just got word from Bill Newell and he has received 9 forms, so our numbers and patches are on the way! And yes my number will be lower than Andy's!!! :P

Congratulations Andy. Now go up and do it at night.

Sparky
SCSA – 329
NCSA - 105

Haha, have you met Andy? Andy and night jumping are like mixing oil and water.... to say the least :P
I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251

Let's see those patches...

Patches and cards.

Sparky

It's interesting, but not totally surprising, that Joe Svec signed your NSCSA card...

I didn’t notice that. It is strange since Joe died in 1983 and I got the award in 1995. I have to ask Bill about that one.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals