bocabruce1

Am I still a Skydiver?

I can imagine how different the answers would be if bocabruce was bocabetty with a huge rack. Catching a bit of an elitist vibe here.

You're saying everything we've all said here is just plain wrong? And that we would have said different things if the op were a female? Then I have to suppose you're intimating that to the female we'd be lying. And to that I take umbrage. I don't lie and the woman in question would get the same insight regardless. Frankly I find your comment a tad sexist by itself. If I were to lie to a woman, the size her breasts would not be a factor.

Ahem....the reality is that the size of the lie is directly proportional to the size of the breasts.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

i wouldnt bring it up as a hobby but i might say "i got into that a bit a while ago" if someone were talking about it and i were you.

I started skydiving and was going pretty regularly for a while then right before i got my license I took a 2month break because college classes were getting harder for me to keep up with. at that time i still called myself a skydiver because i had every intention of continuing as soon as i had time again. Now I am in the next semester and managing my time better. i got my A license a few weeks ago and am working on my B license and I say skydiving is a hobby for me.

Point being, the fact that you dont intend to get back into it asap would make me think you arent a skydiver. Plus the number of jumps is still really low. Not that I have a ton but I thought i would put in my 2cents.

Not a current one, that's for sure.

What do you want to hear?

:D:D how about - "no, and according to your friends, you never were"

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

A lot of whuffos and newbie skydivers have exciting, fanciful and even romantic ideas about what it means to be a skydiver. After you've been in the sport for a while you start to realize that:

• your friends don't really care whether you're a skydiver or not. They only really care about who you are, that you treat them with the respect they deserve and that you enjoy each other's company

• people you meet are not so much impressed by your status as a skydiver, but mostly are just curious about something that they don't know much about and possible have romanticized in their minds.

• After you've spoken to a dozen or more non-skydivers about skydiving, you start to realize that most of them ask much the same questions, which can make it become a tedious topic at times.

• Really, why do you want to be called a skydiver?

Know thy self. Being a skydiver is a lot like being in love. No one needs to tell you that you're in love. You just know it, through and through.

A lot of whuffos and newbie skydivers have exciting, fanciful and even romantic ideas about what it means to be a skydiver. After you've been in the sport for a while you start to realize that:

• your friends don't really care whether you're a skydiver or not. They only really care about who you are, that you treat them with the respect they deserve and that you enjoy each other's company

• people you meet are not so much impressed by your status as a skydiver, but mostly are just curious about something that they don't know much about and possible have romanticized in their minds.

• After you've spoken to a dozen or more non-skydivers about skydiving, you start to realize that most of them ask much the same questions, which can make it become a tedious topic at times.

• Really, why do you want to be called a skydiver?

Know thy self. Being a skydiver is a lot like being in love. No one needs to tell you that you're in love. You just know it, through and through.

I got into a conversation couple years back with a n00b on here from Ca.

I get out there quite a bit, I use to live in & around San Diego for 20 years,

We made plans to meet for a drink the next time I visited the left coast...I walk into the bar and there sitting with his wife is the n00b~ a guy I'd known and partied with for YEARS when I lived there.

'SD Slider' looked at me laughing...
    "I didn't know you were a Skydiver" :D:D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~