aphid

Hey pilots...

A DZ I frequent is on private land with a grass strip, about 320 nm from my home. The DZ does feature on sectionals, but not the strip itself.

I've flown in a few times, but I'm trying to load a Route Pack in Jeppesen FlightStar for a GPS-direct VFR route from my home airport to the DZ as a destination.

I can add it as a user-defined waypoint, but seem unable to mark it as a "place to land", private strip, destination, whatever. As such, FlightStar won't calculate it as a flight.

Oh, I should add, I don't put the flight plans generated into my GPS. I just use it stand-alone on my laptop for flight calc's re: winds aloft, fuel burns, etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks

John

I just drop a user defined waypoint from the tools menu, stick the correct elevation in and mark it as an airport (not sure if this does anything other than marking the waypoint with an airport logo).

Seems to work okay for me...

When all else fails... a sectional and a whiskey compass. Would more would a man need?

An altimeter, airspeed indicator and engine instruments according to the FAA. A bit more if flying at night or IFR.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

When all else fails... a sectional and a whiskey compass. Would more would a man need?

An altimeter, airspeed indicator and engine instruments according to the FAA. A bit more if flying at night or IFR.

Wow! I can see your rigid back from way over here. You need to relax a bit. He's talking about what's needed to find your way around the sky, not what the FAA requires for a legal flight. And he was saying it with humor not sarcasm.
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

Wow! I can see your rigid back from way over here. You need to relax a bit. He's talking about what's needed to find your way around the sky, not what the FAA requires for a legal flight. And he was saying it with humor not sarcasm.

Also pants. You're gonna need pants.
Every fight is a food fight if you're a cannibal

Goodness is something to be chosen. When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man. - Anthony Burgess

Irony score 10/10

The FARs are written in blood, just like the skydiving BSRs.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.