pojj

which sport to do

Hi Christoph.... If you didn't collect skydive rigs and wing-suits, like a girl collects shoes!!! Then you could afford a PG too.

and a hangglider, and maybe a pilots license and a Cessna :D
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Hi Christoph.... If you didn't collect skydive rigs and wing-suits, like a girl collects shoes!!! Then you could afford a PG too.

How's it going lad?

hey, i only got one skydiving-rig, and only one wingsuit now!
but i got a BASEcontainer just this very week.. :)

going alright, pretty bored without a job, and a little scared of what the future brings.. economics dont look too good over here.. :|
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

and a hangglider, and maybe a pilots license and a Cessna :D

dont i wish.. :P

can we add a gaillardo to the mix!? B|
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

going alright, pretty bored without a job, and a little scared of what the future brings.. economics dont look too good over here.. :|

Hey, good luck with the job hunting ... I'm going to be joining you at the end of May:(

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Hey, good luck with the job hunting ... I'm going to be joining you at the end of May:(

thanks bro, u might wanna come over for some jumping with all your spare-time then.. :)
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

im torn between sky diving or hang gliding,dont no which one to learn,has anyone done both or any advice??

Do you prefer short highly intense aerial thrills, or longer more relaxed aerial rides?

What's the cost of learning to hang glide and buying a glider?

My perspective with plenty of skydiving experience and some paragliding experience:

Skydiving is good for quick thrills. Paragliding can be more about longer term tactical decisions. (But both sports naturally benefit from careful thinking and planning.)

Skydiving is less weather dependent. Drive to the DZ when it isn't actually raining or overcast, pay up, and one gets altitude. Depending on where one lives, it may be a lot longer drive to good paragliding launches in the mountains. One will sit on the ground waiting for good weather more in paragliding, waiting for strong enough thermals or winds to stay up, but not strong enough to be dangerous. Skydiving is a quicker fix.

Skydiving is more a group thing, although there are aspects one can work on oneself and one has to work one's way up to skydiving in groups. In paragliding one may be in a club and flying from a site with others, and sharing thermals with others, but it is a more solitary challenge.

Paragliding can certainly be plenty exciting if one is, say, flying in strong conditions or flying low along ridges, where one had better not make any mistakes to avoid sinking into the trees or hitting the ground on a high speed downwind pass. It isn't all just floating around gracefully.

Still, paragliding is more about getting out and enjoying nature and enjoying the view for a longer time.

All true but misses a couple of interesting alternatives.

• Acro Paragliding is at least as exciting as flying a high performance skydive canopy and not at all about sitting comfortably and enjoying the view

• SpeedGliding is the longest swoop ever - bar none:P

(.)Y(.)
    Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Hi Shropshire,
    is it possible to do SAT, helico & nice wingovers on skydiving rigs, i am thinking of doing AFF. Coming from PG i am wondering if there is a wing i can do that sort of stuff on. I know there are different types of skydiving rigs for swooping but other than that im a complete noob (althought i did my aff1 13yrs ago)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLLf7rjrkxw
    Dave White
    Arborist
    UrbanArbor.com.au

In the beginning i had to decide if i wanted to persue becoming a pilot or a skydiver. I hung up the crotch rocket as my 9 lives were almost up and I just wanted to fly.

Pilot: Practical, expensive, longer road to happiness.
    Jumper: useless talent, cheaper, short road to
    happiness.

I jump and fly r/c planes now.:D

I'd say buy a rig and a r/c hang glider.:P

Say yes to non-rigid collapsable decending wings....and try not to ride in anything else without one.:P:D:|