ts1962

Bill Dause is under the chopping block!!

Hope this fella doesn't intend to keep jumping. Could definitely interfere with his prospects of getting a slot on a future load, this whole lawsuit thing. If you're incapable of accepting responsibility for the outcome of your own decisions, you should stick with video games. Turn the shit off if it gets too scary. People like this guy, who thinks he has to sue someone for his own bad judgment, scares me a helluva lot more than Bill Dause ever will (unless he tries real hard).

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

There is no waiver at Lodi. It's not a USPA dropzone, and Bill has never required that a sport jumper sign any release or waiver before jumping. There is a small blurb on the back of the jump ticket, like what you see on the back of a parking garage receipt, but that's the extent of it.

There is a waiver in this kids case. He was required to do a tandem before he started his training there, and filled out a hold harmless agreement before doing so. Read the small parking lot blurb on the back of your ticket Garreth, and let us know what it says?
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

There is a waiver in this kids case. He was required to do a tandem before he started his training there, and filled out a hold harmless agreement before doing so. Read the small parking lot blurb on the back of your ticket Garreth, and let us know what it says?

What are these things you call tickets ? You mean people actually pay for jumps ? Whatever next ?

I'm somewhat ashamed to say I haven't made a jump at Lodi in a couple of years, so I don't have a clue what's on the back of the ticket, not that I ever read it anyway. The last time I went in December, it was raining, so we went drinking as instead, which doesn't require a waiver, but probably should.

Bill's like teflon though, he's had worse come at him in the past and come out the other side. Anyone remember when the IRS raided him and flew off his P51, just after someone broke into his house, beat him up and stole all his money ? They were writing his obituary then, but he's still there, and the P51 is back in the hanger. I suspect he'll get past this too.

Hope this fella doesn't intend to keep jumping. Could definitely interfere with his prospects of getting a slot on a future load, this whole lawsuit thing. If you're incapable of accepting responsibility for the outcome of your own decisions, you should stick with video games.
linz

Somebody needs to give some thought as to who , on the inside, gave the kid the push to file.
He has some experienced jumpers backing him.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

Hope this fella doesn't intend to keep jumping. Could definitely interfere with his prospects of getting a slot on a future load, this whole lawsuit thing. If you're incapable of accepting responsibility for the outcome of your own decisions, you should stick with video games.
linz

Somebody needs to give some thought as to who , on the inside, gave the kid the push to file.
He has some experienced jumpers backing him.

How about ts1962, I know exactly who you are (DM)

It's not "gossip." It's a targeted, yet anonymous, public attack on a person by someone who clearly has a specific agenda.

It is the moral equivalent of behind his back, because the OP is anonymous, and thus can snipe away at a person's character with impunity, without being called to account. Let the OP identify himself, and his agenda, publicly.

And BD is not truly "free" to defend himself here - he's a defendant in an ongoing lawsuit, and thus he simply cannot risk speaking publicly until the case is resolved.

Cowardly. Despicable. And, in my own opinion, an abuse of this forum.

(Oh, by the way, I don't know anybody involved, even remotely. I have absolutely no dog in this hunt.)

The (normal) high jump run speed that is required on a King Air and it's big brother , the Beech 99, is something that anyone jumping out of them should take into consideration. The relatively high performance, higher loaded wing requires higher speeds to maintain control during jumper exits. The airplane being in a climb would make it even more critical to avoid the tail as you leave the plane.
I exited a King Air one day on a normal, level jump run at 13,500. I was in the door facing the tail, and I swung out of the plane hanging on to the overhead door bar with my left hand, presented my back to the wind and arched hard to start a layout gainer ( back flip). I did not consciously jump up on exit but the lift I got from the relative wind on my back caused me to pass under the tail about 2 feet below the underside of it. Scared the ever loving crap out of me as the tail whizzed by so close to my face I could have reached out and touched it. I was lucky, very lucky and now I am more careful about exits from that plane, because I feel that my safety is my responsibility and I must adapt to different airplanes and exit situations.

Just burning a hole in the sky.....

I will happily testify on BEHALF of Bill. On my first H & P out of the 99 I was explicitly informed about the tail low during climb issue by Bill along with several fellow skydivers on that particular load.

It is simple, I was told to roll out of the door which is exactly what I did, not too difficult really.

Jeff

So you would prefer censorship? I personally prefer freedom of speech. This is one of my favorite quotes: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall (1868 - 1919) English writer
"Nothing exists except atoms and empty space; everything else is opinion" - Democritus

So you would prefer censorship? I personally prefer freedom of speech. This is one of my favorite quotes: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall (1868 - 1919) English writer

Freedom of speech is good, but it takes a coward to speak anonymously.

I would like to ask a simple question to the jump pilots out there:

Is there a rule or regulation that "REQUIRES" you to reduce speed, drop flaps and trim the tail prior to turning on the green light for exit? Please do not give opinions or other smart ass responses as that is not what I am looking for.

Fire Safety Tip: Don't fry bacon while naked

I would like to ask a simple question to the jump pilots out there:

Is there a rule or regulation that "REQUIRES" you to reduce speed, drop flaps and trim the tail prior to turning on the green light for exit? Please do not give opinions or other smart ass responses as that is not what I am looking for.

No.

What's legal isn't always safe and what is safe isn't always legal.

Sorry, had to go for the smart ass remark.

Well I new there would be at least one (there always is). I will now add my reply that I am sure will be suitable for some sort of flaming remarks:

I was trained by what I consider one of the best AFF-I’s in California. The day I graduated he left me with few final comments “You are now responsible for your own ass!”, I will not be there to tell you when to exit, get stable or pull, . I do expect you to get further coaching and to complete your “A” license sign offs in a timely manner. Your journey in this sport has just begun, as you see new places and visit different DZ’s ask questions, look listen and learn. If you are unsure of something ask someone on the DZ staff. He then gave me a rather serious look and closed with “You never have to get out of the plane if you don’t want to!! You paid for the ride to altitude, the skydive is free! From that day forward every DZ I have visited I have asked questions, specifically on EXITS!!! At what point do we as individuals start accepting responsibility for our own actions???

Fire Safety Tip: Don't fry bacon while naked

Unfortunately we don't only have to worry about ourselves, we have to worry about the fuckers that will sue this sport into non-existence. You tell me what is smarter, leveling off for someone to exit or giving someone a chance to hit the tail and sue you out of everything you own. I bet Bill (I don't know the man) wishes he had leveled the plane for that exit.