ts1962

Bill Dause is under the chopping block!!

The Parachute center might be that old but Bill hasn't owned that long. In the late 70's or early 80's he was a regular at Perris.

Sparky

when did it become his then? it would be interesting to know, who owned it before him?

I just called Bill to get the word from someone who really knows:

He started training students in '64, that becomes the start date, then moved to Alta as the Alta Parachute Center. After a few moves he stopped with the location on the moniker and just became the Parachute Center. He move to Pope Valley in '76 and then its current location in Lodi in '81. Bill said he didn't jump much at Perris, but a bit at Elsinore when he would pass through the area.

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread...

thanks man i have actually been wondering that myself.

oh dude DUde DUDE BRO DUDE. omg DUDE! ummmmm. i forgot....

Dudeist Skydiver #61

Hi top,

And he & his partner in the operation at Alta hosted the '64 US Nationals.

His partner, Dick Simon owns Simon Trucking and you might see their trucks travelling the interstates. They have a skunk called Lil Stinker as a logo.

Dick Simon went in auto racing and competed ~10+ times in the Indy 500.

Just for those who might to want to know,

JerryBaumchen

I just called Bill to get the word from someone who really knows:

He started training students in '64, that becomes the start date, then moved to Alta as the Alta Parachute Center. After a few moves he stopped with the location on the moniker and just became the Parachute Center. He move to Pope Valley in '76 and then its current location in Lodi in '81. Bill said he didn't jump much at Perris, but a bit at Elsinore when he would pass through the area.

Craig, you must stop this accurate accounting of information. It's not the DZ.com way ;)

Where was Alta? Didn't he have 2 locations in TX at one time?
(er - not two locations simultaneously, one location then another - sequentially)

And don't forget, Bill was on the USPA BOD.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

Darn Craig,
Talking all reasonable and even fact checking???? Shame on you!

One thing is certain, The Parachute Center, as long as I've known of it which apparently was 8 years after it most recent move, has had some AMAZING jumpers and Staff!!! No doubt about it.

My opinion is that the secret of the success of that Drop Zone has not been the prices, but the quality of people who have chosen to dedicate their energy, time, love, and $ to the place.

As Jaques used to say: "We are all Lodi product." Of course you gotta hear it with that French Canadian accent.

My best friends are there to this day, and I wish them nothing but long lasting success!

But all this talk about how long Bill has been in business reminds me of a joke Duke used to tell all the time. Remember Duke? Man it would take years and years to catch up with that guys numbers!

Anyway, the joke goes like this:

An engineer spends his whole career (40 years) building bridges...well you know the rest.