ts1962

Bill Dause is under the chopping block!!

Well, if anyone is keeping up with this a couple of years ago Bill hit a skydiver with the tail of the Beech 99....I was there that day. I myself have about 5000 jumps from the 99 and about 100 or so close calls with the tail. The reason Bill hit him was because Bill was still climbing, the flaps were up and the plane was still pitched nose high for climbing which puts the tail below the door. Bill is actually getting sued for this, Christian just filed. The bad thing is Bill is dragging Flannagan Enterprises, Stunts Adventure Equipment (Greg Nardy) into this whole mess. Bill should have atleast lowered the nose and did not, now with the other 6 very experienced instructors on the plane testifying against Bill, well lets just say it won't be cheap.

Well, if anyone is keeping up with this a couple of years ago Bill hit a skydiver with the tail of the Beech 99....I was there that day. I myself have about 5000 jumps from the 99 and about 100 or so close calls with the tail. The reason Bill hit him was because Bill was still climbing, the flaps were up and the plane was still pitched nose high for climbing which puts the tail below the door. Bill is actually getting sued for this, Christian just filed. The bad thing is Bill is dragging Flannagan Enterprises, Stunts Adventure Equipment (Greg Nardy) into this whole mess. Bill should have atleast lowered the nose and did not, now with the other 6 very experienced instructors on the plane testifying against Bill, well lets just say it won't be cheap.

I can't believe I'm reading this. Did Bill point a gun at these people and tell them, with force, to get out? The last I checked, you are STILL responsible for your own safety in skydiving. If these people that are going to testify know it should be pitched nose down, WTF did they exit?

There is a waiver, and I seriously hope Bill countersues for all his legal costs.

I rarely find myself siding with a DZO, but this is unbelievable.

You get in the plane. You ride to altitude. You check the spot. You give corrections, and you decide when to exit the plane. If it's not safe, YOU don't leave. Period.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

now with the other 6 very experienced instructors on the plane testifying against Bill

Six very experienced instructors let someone jump with the plane pitched wrong? I don't think I would want to be them testifying that I knew it was wrong to jump but let him anyway.
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

Perhaps do you have link to the original incident report or perhaps a news article?

I too am suprised. I wouldn't be shocked if this guy turned around in the event of a loss and sued the 6 experienced instructors for letting him jump!!

What were the extent of his injuries, BTW?
=========Shaun ==========

Perhaps do you have link to the original incident report or perhaps a news article?

See the Incidents forum at http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2396686;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread
Tom Buchanan
Instructor Emeritus
Comm Pilot MSEL,G
Author: JUMP! Skydiving Made Fun and Easy

now with the other 6 very experienced instructors on the plane testifying against Bill, well lets just say it won't be cheap.

One dumbass in the plane with six disloyal pricks.

I'm glad I retired.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

Well, if anyone is keeping up with this a couple of years ago Bill hit a skydiver with the tail of the Beech 99...The reason Bill hit him was...

You write like a reporter. How idiotic that you would try to convince someone that the plane hit the jumper in this case. That's a sleazy lawyer's job.
:S:S

You were asked once before to identify yourself. Instead you continue to troll.

Whatever happened to jumper responsibility?

Your post makes you appear to be just another one of those people who want to blame everybody but themselves for their own screw-ups.

And just to play along with your troll...

Yes, a cut would have been the best thing to do but nowhere is it mandatory. He, as a jumper, should have known this and planned for it before he jumped. Simple as that.

I would not have nice words for the jumper if I ever meet him other than to say I'm glad he made it in the end.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

The bad thing is Bill is dragging Flannagan Enterprises, Stunts Adventure Equipment (Greg Nardy) into this whole mess.

How is Bill "dragging" FE and SAE into it? Do you mean the plaintiff is suing the aircraft owner as well as the manufacturer of his rig? I don't think that was Bill's call was it?

From what I remember, Christian was told to keep down when he exited. The previous load, he was said to have been too agressive and had a near miss. The people I spoke with said he stood up and pushed up strongly and struck the horizontal stabilizer mid-back, folding himself backwards. Come on, it was the Harness/Container that really broke his back wasnt' it? That was the thing that came into contact with him....This is Bullshit. I am just glad he had a cypres or we would have had to dig him out of the ground.

as a jumper, should have known this and planned for it before he jumped. Simple as that.

According to the NTSB report, the jumper had a close call the day before doing a hop n pop out of the same plane.

It goes on to state that the jumper was informed of the situation after that jump, and that he was reminded of it before exit on the jump in question.

This jumper knew what he was doing.

Maybe the pilot should counter sue the jumper for reckless endangerment for hitting his plane and putting everyone else in danger. And they can settle out of court with a simple round of fuck you no fuck you no fuck YOU!

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

I would not have nice words for a pilot that made a habit of putting people out of a climbing airplane. The pilot at Monroe use to do that until I asked him if I should call George to see if that was proper procedure. He didn't do it anymore.

I have never done a hop and pop from a climbing 99, but I have a lot of them out of 182's and 206's with no problems.

It sounds like something that can been done safely if the jumpers exit correctly. Am I wrong with this assumption?
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I would not have nice words for a pilot that made a habit of putting people out of a climbing airplane. The pilot at Monroe use to do that until I asked him if I should call George to see if that was proper procedure. He didn't do it anymore.

I have never done a hop and pop from a climbing 99, but I have a lot of them out of 182's and 206's with no problems.

It sounds like something that can been done safely if the jumpers exit correctly. Am I wrong with this assumption?

As a pilot I would not bet the lives of the rest of the people on the load or the well being of the aircraft on whether someone will exit correctly, to save a buck or two on fuel.

If it's not safe, YOU don't leave. Period.

Come on. This is America. People are not responsible for their own actions no matter how stupid they are. Every lawyer knows this truth.

There are no excuses. Everything in society has to be idiot proof and allowing idiots to find new and innovative ways of hurting themselves is no defense. Even when people get hurt by ignoring safety rules and conventional wisdom. It is not their fault. However, don't take my word for it. Ask any lawyer. :D:D:D
Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that statistically half of them are stupider than that.

You know it is quite funny how people defend Bill. Did you know the jumper in question had less than 80 jumps? not the 200 or so that was reported. That he really did not jump up? I know what the NTSB report says, I also know that Bill dictated the statements to everyone who wrote them. The jumper was just following Bill's exit command. You guys know what it was like when you were new, you exited when told.....at Bill's everyone exits when told you dont' have a choice. Yes the instructors should, well everyone should have said something, it is very unsafe to exit from a climbing plane, so it is a shared blame. You know people long term with Bill protect him because of their financial interest in Bill doing well. Pete S. is one of them, little known except for the people who were there the day rigger James S. packed a tandem reserve and left a pin in the closing loop. Well the tandem master, a S&TA there, had a malfunction, luckily something he could land for if he had cut away he and the passenger would have died because of the pin left in the reserve......I could not believe it when I saw them pulling that pin out, it had been packed and jumped for a month that way......but did anyone hear of this well of course not. It is true and there are several other people there the day that happened too. No one is perfect but when mistakes that jepordise peoples lives so blindly occur, things need to be done.

The bad thing is Bill is dragging Flannagan Enterprises, Stunts Adventure Equipment (Greg Nardy) into this whole mess.

How is Bill "dragging" FE and SAE into it? Do you mean the plaintiff is suing the aircraft owner as well as the manufacturer of his rig? I don't think that was Bill's call was it?

When you get rear ended because a car behind you got rear-ended - you SEW ALL - I am guessing this is the case too.

the day rigger James S. packed a tandem reserve and left a pin in the closing loop. Well the tandem master, a S&TA there, had a malfunction, luckily something he could land for if he had cut away he and the passenger would have died because of the pin left in the reserve......I could not believe it when I saw them pulling that pin out, it had been packed and jumped for a month that way......but did anyone hear of this well of course not. It is true and there are several other people there the day that happened too. No one is perfect but when mistakes that jepordise peoples lives so blindly occur, things need to be done.

So, not only is leaving the plane no longer the jumpers' responsibility, getting pin checks are not either?

The fact that rig was jumped for a month before finding that pin says volumes about the safety attitude of the TI's that jumped that rig. How many TI's in that month have endangered the lives of how many passengers by not doing something as basic in safety as doing a pin check.

FWIW, I've never been to Lodi, nor have I met Bill or Kathy.

Yes, you are right, things need to be done. Let's start by grounding the unsafe instructors, huh?
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

if he had cut away he and the passenger would have died because of the pin left in the reserve

No, they would have died because the 'instructor' didn't check his gear before he jumped. I guess nobody did that month, but that's not the riggers fault.

How stupid do you have to be to leave a temp pin in a closing loop? Exactly as dumb as you have to be jump a rig without checking the pins.

That he really did not jump up? I know what the NTSB report says, I also know that Bill dictated the statements to everyone who wrote them.

Were you on the load? Can you say from firsthand information that the jumper was NOT reminded of the exit procedure before the jump?

Do you know for a fact that he did NOT have a near miss the day before, and that he was NOT adivsed at that time of the correct exit procedure?

Unless you were on the load, and spent the entire previous day with the jumper, your assertions that the reports are incorrect are just as valid as my assertions that the reports are correct. I was not on the load, nor was I at the DZ on the previous day.

Yep it is the Tandem Masters fault, but lets not leave out the trusted rigger and the others who covered it up.

Yes I was on the plane, and no nothing was said the day before or when the jump occurred. Yes I will be at the hearing also.

Yes the case has been filed you can search on this page http://www.stocktoncourt.org/courts/caseinfo.htm under the case name which is parachute or it is case # CV034817

Come on Mr. Original poster ....
Stop beating around the bush ...
Tell us what your real agenda is!

If you are anything like the dim-wits who tried to force Jim Mercier out of business, you will do more harm than good.

For the record, I am not supporting Mercier ... I would not trust him any farther than I can throw him.

Yes I was on the plane, and no nothing was said the day before or when the jump occurred. Yes I will be at the hearing also.

*** Well, at least we'll finally know who you are, helpful information if you are to be banned from DZ's.

John Wright

World's most beloved skydiver

There is no coverup, the problem was properly documented (PIA ts 122 form), pictures taken. If you have a BONAFIDE reason I will talk to you about it. You should have my Ph # if you were there. Again, proper procedures were followed by myself.Stay on topic.....