emmiwy

You know you're hooked on skydiving when...

You wake up one morning and realize:

Your wife is gone and took the kids.
You sold the house and live in a trailer in the Ghetto.
All your credit cards, if you have any left, are maxed out.
Thanksgiving and Christmas are just 2 more week days that you can go to the DZ.
If you own a suit and tie you can’t remember where they are.
You don’t feel comfortable in polite company.

Sparky

And Valentine's Day.

1. You have dreams about it
2. You start to make skydiving related references in regular conversation with non-skydivers (e.g. I'm going to cut away the knot in this bag because I can't undo it)
3. You practice AFF diveflow in random, everyday places (e.g. practicing AFF exit in the opening of an elevator door
4. Scour the internet for and watch skydiving videos on Youtube
5. Look forward to Sundays not for church but for skydiving. It's my religion.
6. Not liking the rain/cloudy days when you once loved it before

I miss my DZ during the week :(

Hi emy,
to continue...........
when your family disowns you from the will because they think you skydive "too much!!",
when the only major "job' you hold is skydiving/aerospace related,
even though you make "good money' you never have any because you spend it all on skydiving,
when you get old enough to retire and all you have to show for it is a rig, a rack of logbooks and "mememe"videos and photos, no money, a trail of ex whuffwives, empty beer bottles and broken down DZ trailers,
and a pile of "OLD FRIENDS" you've known for at least 40 years since you started jumping with them and they still call you "FRIEND!!!!!!"
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

2. You start to make skydiving related references in regular conversation with non-skydivers (e.g. I'm going to cut away the knot in this bag because I can't undo it)
3. You practice AFF diveflow in random, everyday places (e.g. practicing AFF exit in the opening of an elevator door

7. You sell plasma for jump tickets. :D

I'm not the rope totin charlie Bronson wanna be that's getting us fucking lost.

when your family disowns you from the will because they think you skydive "too much!!",
even though you make "good money' you never have any because you spend it all on skydiving,
when you get old enough to retire and all you have to show for it is a rig, a rack of logbooks and "mememe"videos and photos, no money, a trail of ex whuffwives, empty beer bottles and broken down DZ trailers,
and a pile of "OLD FRIENDS" you've known for at least 40 years since you started jumping with them and they still call you "FRIEND!!!!!!"

Hardcore. Unfortunately I chose the life of an academic, and conscience/rationale tell me I have to finish my last degree and start working before I can even consider selling my soul for all the gear. :)

8. When you consider chopping off your hair so I can fit the helmet on easier

And that Billy D. makes it all worth while. Air Trash lives.

Sparky ST-25
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

It should read "you know you are a newbie skydiver if.....

:P

I must be falling behind on the forums! I was going to reply with this exact sentiment Rob!!!
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

You remember more intimate details about your first jump than you do about the first time you got laid.

If you had a patch for every dead friend, your jumpsuit would never wear out.

The value of your vehicle doubles (or even triples) when you put your rig in it.

There isn't a wall in your house (trailer, tent) that doesn't have some sort of skydiving related thing on it.

You have at least one box stuffed full of skydiving tshirts that you will never wear again but that you just can't bring yourself to throw away.

At least one part of your body reminds you almost daily of that one fucked up skydive you did.

You wake up one day and realize that you had so much potential and could have been so much more had you just been strong enough to resist the addiction. ;)

Definitely looks like these are the non-newbie lists. I look forward to all of it [well not the friends dying or screwing up any dive part].

Someone told me yesterday, "Wait, you're skydiving on Sunday, the same day as the SuperBowl? That's hardcore."

Not really hard to skip the SuperBowl when I never really cared that much for it to begin with...

You remember more intimate details about your first jump than you do about the first time you got laid.

If you had a patch for every dead friend, your jumpsuit would never wear out.

The value of your vehicle doubles (or even triples) when you put your rig in it.

There isn't a wall in your house (trailer, tent) that doesn't have some sort of skydiving related thing on it.

You have at least one box stuffed full of skydiving tshirts that you will never wear again but that you just can't bring yourself to throw away.

At least one part of your body reminds you almost daily of that one fucked up skydive you did.

You wake up one day and realize that you had so much potential and could have been so much more had you just been strong enough to resist the addiction. ;)

Hi Lisa,
All of em' 'cept for the "jobs" one I was kind spoofin'....except for the last one,... that's for real. Even got a good responce from Sparky.
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out