maxmadmax

Your first 2010 skydive was out/off of a....?

Greetings to All!

Some of us have made a jump this year and some of us ain't.

If you have.....Congrats & tell us more.

If you ain't......why not?

Ciao,
Mad Max

BTW, I ain't made one in 2010....reason being lots of RW and The Gang.

Don't go away mad....just go away!

Jumps 1 through 9 from an Otter (probably super) in Sebastian from Skydive Chicago. Thanks guys.

1-7 were for my first swoop comp and 8 and 9 were coach Eval dives done as a favor for a friend of a friend (now my new friend) also in Sebastian. I love that place.
"... this ain't a Nerf world."

My first of the year was out of an Otter at Skydive AZ, as well as several more that day. Then I came back to Idaho and was on the first load of the year at Star. That one was out of our little C-182. Clouds and fog were headed our way, so we only got 8000ft. Great way to start the year. B|:D

"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

Too cold, no dz's around to jump, so its looking like my first jump of the year will be either a C-130 or C-17...

Good news, not gonna have to worry about freefall in sub freezing temps!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Last jump of 2009-Otter at Elsinore, New Year's Eve.
RW with 6 kiss passes with a friend from Utah.
First jump of 2010-Otter at Elsinore, New Year's Day.
New Year's Eve was cold at 75 degrees.
New Year's Day was colder at 70 degrees.
Wingsuit rodeo jump with a Utah friend. Nice way to start the year.

11-way New Year's Day speed star from the Caravan, on my annual visit to Langar B|

Don't reckon there will be much jumping anywhere this weekend though, unless there's a DZ with a snow plough I don't know about :P

--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Not yet - was going to make my :D Velocity jump (a borrowed 111) but clouds (a solid layer of them) between 1500 and 2000 made that a bad plan - the whole load landed with the plane (a Grand Caravan).

Next try next weekend - hopefully from a piston 182. B|

If that's not going to happen either, next one should be from a turbine helicopter - with a Foil, in the Alps. :)

Johan.
I am. I think.

dude...some basic grammar lessons, please.

have not done a jump this year cause...im still waiting for my cypres to get back.

Yeah, my Neptune, Optima, Cypres and the planes GPS were all out of batteries, so it was impossible to make a skydive.:S

Just kidding. ;)
If you're not living on the edge; you're taking up too much room!

Well, I suppose "Technically" my first "Jump" of the year was from a Super Twin Otter.

The plan was to do my first "Jump" of the year from a balloon, on New Year's morning at 0730hrs, but it was cancelled due to high winds ;)

That said, I was on the DC-3 just before midnight on New Year's Eve, so my first "deployment" of the New Year was from a DC-3 ;)

It was 5 deg this morning but we're emailing around to try and get up some loads on Sunday when the winds are not 27G38. Should be in the teens then:)

It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

2 from a PAC750 on the 2nd ... was still recovering on the 1st ... LOL!! First was with a newly licensed jumper, second a 10 way. This weekend, it's gonna be COLD (anything below 40 is cold for south Texas, and it's supposed to be in the teens overnight!!!), but I might get out sunday for a bit.
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

have not done a jump this year cause...im still waiting for my cypres to get back.

Dude get real! Go to spellingforjackasses.com if you want everything spelled correctly for your fucking sheltered ass eyes!~ BTW if your gonna be dumb and correct people about stupid shit you may wanna learn to do shit right yourself;)

Max my first jumps will be tomorrow, most likely from the caravan. I hear it's supposed to get up to 26B|. Should be fun!
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

This is aimed at jf951 and not JD but wouldn't things like starting with caps and using apostrophes and such be considered grammar as well.

The funny thing is it took me a couple of seconds looking at the OP to decide what this guy is even complaining about.

It is supposed to get to about 37 or so here and I think I may find something else to do.:ph34r:
"... this ain't a Nerf world."