David.Vidu

NZskydiving school. Comercial diploma, it worth it?

Greetings to everyone.

New Zealand skydiving school, I'm sure that every one inside the sport already have heard about the Commercial Skydiving diploma, a 32 week course 200 skydives with Camera coaching, video edit, dropzone management, and more you can check for your self. What is my big question?
It really worth it, get a loan from the bank, pay 32 weeks of housing, more everything else. Do you really get a job in the end of the course? Or you take your money from the loan and invest in a 'private course'' you do it for yourself in a dropzone around the world with cheap slot's good weather and also cheap life. You do it in less of time and more focus.
Do a Diploma matter in the Skydive industry?
Is easy to get a job e US or around the globe for a camera flyer?

Waiting all your opinions.
Thank you

David

A guy who is from Georgia went to the NZ school, he then came to Skydive Elsinore about 6 months ago with around 185 jumps as an intern. He has been doing tandem videos for a bit now and he did his 700th jump yesterday and just got hired full time at the DZ, so it worked out well for him imo but ymmv.
"Tell ya the truth, I don't think this is a brains kind of operation."

I have to tell you happened to me and 18of my fellow course mates :
I am from April '09 course, I have not finished my training yet, am in work placement and let me tell you a story that happened to the 18 of us :
Basically we applied the course because it was NZPIA certificate and licence. In the middle of the course, without any advise, the managment changed from NZPIA (the federation from which most of the NZ DZ are affiliated to) to a weird ParaNZ one (created on political matters, with only 5 affiliated NZ DZ!!!!!!!!) claiming that was the same.
They took our money of course, never gave us the advertised licence.... How is that: professional skydiving or professional rip-off?
They change course director so often that you don't know what is going on really : Is it safe for students jumping then?

Because of their incompetence I was grounded in my work placement for 4weeks : Is it once again what you expect when you applied for a course that is suppose to put you straight in the air?

My advise is definitely not to applied for this course, you'd rather go to a good and recognized DZ and negociate a tailor made training with good safety level and ground training, few coachings, you will certainly pay less and definitely have no headache!!!

Blue sky

I also done this course in late 2008 and found the management a waste of time and the course not all its cracked up to be. Take your money elsewhere is my advice.

I did the cours in 2002 and used every opportunity it gave me to achieve what 'I' wanted.

If you have not updated you profile I suggest you do so, when i had been in the sprt as long as you I had over about 500 jumps, a year later I had 1500 jumps...

It takes time, effort, dedication and hard work to achieve success.

Just enrolling in the course does not mean you will succeed.

Your jump numbers tell me you 'dropped out' or failed to complete the course for some reason.

200 jumps are included and are to be completed in 8 months. You only have 138 on your profile. If you succeded in the course and the path it s designed to put you on, you would have well over 200 by now more like 350...
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I wonder if I could get the GI Bill to pay for this!? :D

I actually asked about that... apparently not...
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message