Cincyjumper

Coming to the West Coast

I just moved out to Travis AFB so this will give me the oportunity to check out some of the awesome DZs on the West Coast. All 100 of my jumps were done at Start Skydiving(I'll still call that place home), but now it's time to see what else there is. There seam to be many DZs in the area. Although I'll probably start with Skydance, I'd like to jump at the others as well. Anyone have recommendations on places within 3hrs?

Look forward to seeing you here (SkyDance). If you need anything, airport briefing, other questing, let me know... Just ask for JP.

A couple other airmen from Travis jump here as well.... we'll put you in touch.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

If ur looking for that "family" DZ feeling, and you like to skydive with expansive views of the Ocean and lakes and mountains, and Geysers, and rolling hills, and etc. etc. etc. then eventually we'll see you at NorCal Skydiving.

Sorry, we don't have a turbine yet...but come check us out anyway.

I doubt you'll be disappointed!

Although Diablopilot probably wont agree with me:P Parachute Center, Lodi is an option. its my home DZ and i think its great (although im pretty damn new). its worth a trip out. plus $15 jump tickets! ;)

oh dude DUde DUDE BRO DUDE. omg DUDE! ummmmm. i forgot....

Dudeist Skydiver #61

Can you tell that everyone has their loyalties? ;)

Check 'em all out - see which one or ones you like best. There are some people in the area who are "homers" and some who bounce around to different DZs depending on what's going on where, or on how the weather patterns are flowing that day (there's lots of little micro-climates that can make one DZ jumpable and one 50 miles away socked in or winded out).

I moved to the Bay Area a year and a half ago, though I'd spent a lot of time down here before I moved. I've jumped at most of the DZs and each has a different vibe and a different crowd - you may find one clicks with you, or you may like to float around. It's one of the nice things about living in the area. I consider Skydance home, but I'll pop around to some of the other DZs when there's something fun going on or a friend is having a milestone.

Within 3 hours you'll have the ones mentioned so far (Skydance, Parachute Center, NorCal Skydiving) plus Skydive Sacramento, Bay Area Skydiving, Skydive Hollister, and Skydive Monterey Bay. Lots to check out. B| I think I got all of them ... I'm sure someone will chime in if I missed one ... ;)

I'd also recommend you join the Yahoo group that is used by skydivers across northern California. People use it to talk up events both on and off the dropzone. Good way to keep connected.

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/norcal_skydiving/

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Thanks everyone for the replies! I'll be sure to check out as many as I can while I'm here. At the moment all I can think of is:

Rental car, squadron approval to have fun, and good weather=1 eager guy who hasn't jumped in almost 5 months ready to check out Skydance!!!!! B| I should be out tomorrow...

1 eager guy who hasn't jumped in almost 5 months ready to check out Skydance!!!!! B| I should be out tomorrow...

Make sure to introduce yourself around at SkyDance. There will be some dizzy.commers there.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Skydance was awesome B| Although way smaller/not as new as my old DZ, they still do a great job with everything. Everyone was friendly, it was easy getting on a load, the Pac is another sweet jump plane, renting gear was a cinch, and it didn't take long at all for an instructor to come and do my re-currency dive.

I made 3 jumps and will definitely be back. I met too many people to remember most of your names, but thanks. It's awesome to be back in the air again :D

I was in the roseville area today and realized that I was only 20min from Skydive Sac. Of course I had to go and check it out ;) It's a nice little DZ with fantastic views. I was only able to make 1 jump(sunset tracking dive), but it was worth the trip. I'll definitely have to come back to this DZ as well although it is quite a bit farther out for me.
2 down many more to go...