quade

Google Earth Drop Zone Project -- Ideas and Discussion

Skydive Tampa Bay in Florida

Your "Skydive Tampa Bay.kmz" attachment was just a folder labeled "Skydive Tampa Bay" - it didn't have any placemarks in it. You might try it again.

The three attachments that blueskypol posted worked OK.

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

The site has been updated. There are 131 dropzones listed.

For those of you just tuning in, I am collecting all of the files posted in this thread and putting them online at the above site. At that site, you can also download one file that contains all of the dropzones that have been posted so far.

For this update, I added all the files that have been posted here since last time, and corrected the indexing of Skydive Burnaby in the file of all dropzones. It was on the right place in the map and I had already fixed it in the HTML listing, but I forgot to put it in the right province in the file of all dropzones.

Keep those cards and letters coming!

Eule

Here's Skydive Houston with the Otter stuck at the end of the runway ass deep in mud.

Let's see... the airplane got stuck in the mud at the end of a closed runway.* Sounds like a normal Texas driver to me. :)

Eule

* Yes, I looked it up, and even though the paved runway is closed, there is a working grass runway.

Hi folks

This thread is very long so I don't know about everything that has been discussed here but I have compiled a POI file a while ago that includes all UK dropzones and both windtunnels as well as all Slovene DZs.

It should be available for free on http://www.poihandler.com/. The guys on the site are a bit slow and I still cannot find the Slovene DZs and the UK windtunnels. However the UK DZs are all there, including the newly opened Swansea one.

Just in case I attach the GPX file. Get yourself a POI converter or POIEdit to get a file format for your SatNav.

Bye,

Martin

The site has been updated. There are 136 dropzones listed.

For this update, I added Witbank and Delmarva. I also converted the GPX file that McDragon posted and picked up a few more UK dropzones.

Keep those cards and letters coming!

Eule

Hi

Here is a ZIP file containing 3 .gpx files:

- UK dropzones (updates to include the newly re-opened Swansea DZ)
- UK wintunnels (OK, the 2 of them)
- Slovene dropzones (they don't all count as official DZs as some of them are used for skydiving on occasion)

bye
Martin