240m3srt

How long do you have to finish your A license requirements from when you start?

As long as it takes.

If you wait too long between jumps you will waste a lot of time (and money) relearning stuff and doing recurrency jumps.

But the jumps don't "expire"

The SIM has the recurrency reccommendations in sec 5
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

That depends on your instructor. I'm not him (or her), so take this with a grain of salt.

You will probably have to do recurrency training to show you still know the other stuff.

That depends on how long it's been.

If you haven't jumped in a couple years, you will probably have to do more recurrency stuff than if it was last summer.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

All i lack is a few accuracy landings and the checkout dive.

I just want to make sure i understand this correclty. Whether it takes me 1 month or 2 years i wont have to re-do any of the stuff i already did, correct?

Actually if you wait more than 30 days between jumps you will have to redo some of what you already learned.

That will depend on many factors; how long past 30 days, how far along you are in getting your A, and most of all, your particular dz and instructors.

Here is a link to the section regarding currency in the SIM:

http://www.uspa.org/SIM/Read/Section5/tabid/168/Default.aspx#970

If your DZ follows the SIM after 30 days in between jumps at the very least you will have to do a coach jump. Now that may work out well; maybe you had to do one anyways, or maybe that will be your check dive, it just depends.

But if you wait too long, like a year, most DZs would make you take the FJC again. Again it all depends on your specific case.

good luck
"Tell ya the truth, I don't think this is a brains kind of operation."