DigitalDave

Skydiving in West Virginia

I'm from WV (I live in NC now) and will be licensed soon and want to go home to jump in the mountains. I can't seem to find any DZs in the state. There are none in Parachutist mag, and all the sites on the web appear to be SkyRide sites. In fact, some of the pics on the SkyRide sites obviously aren't even from WV. I have never seen a body of water in WV like the one on this site .. http://www.westvirginiaskydive.com/

I read on a Bridge Day site somewhere that there was skydiving at nearby Summersville airport, but I can't find a website for it.

Any WV jumpers around?

I met some folks from WV at Skyfest a couple years ago - they jumped here, which is just over the border in Ohio:

http://www.dropzone.com/dropzone/Detailed/355.shtml

Not sure how close it is to where your family lives...
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

There is a brand new DZ that just opened this winter:

New Skydiving Drop Zone in Huntington, WV at Robert Newlon airfield I41. Only DZ in WV if you want to get all 50 states. RV Pull throughs, Full Hookup sites, 30/50 amp, water and sewer every site, bath house, laundry, and camping area. Snack bar opening soon.

http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=We&init=quick#!/group.php?v=wall&ref=ts&gid=212178758653

The DZ is right on a river but its huge for a 182 DZ.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Not sure what part of WV you are in but Larry Lemaster owns Tri-State Skydiving and it is very close to Huntington, WV even though its in Ohio.
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

Thanks for the feedback. They must have just added the one that's on this site fairly recently. I never noticed it before.

I'm from a small town about 40 miles north of where Bridge Day is held. In fact, the geographical center of the state is in my hometown (Sutton).

It's pretty flat in NC, so I can't wait to jump in the mountains. The scenery must be awesome from 13,5.

Also, don't tell anyone, but Billy secretly loves Skyride. :p~