emmiwy

I got my A!

I just wanted to share in this small space of the cyberworld that today I'm officially an A licensed skydiver, and honest to goodness was one of the happiest days of my life.

Ever since New Years Eve 2009, when I did my first tandem jump I have not only challenged myself to overcome inhibition and fears of making the right decisions in my life and accepting the fact that bad things can happen, BUT I have the ability to handle the consequences with my best judgment. Skydiving has become in this way a spiritual and emotionally liberating and empowering experience, from learning to pull on my own, looking down at the Earth, losing stability but regaining it. I have truly developed my own self-reliance and confidence as a direct result of applying what I have learned in the sky. In the end, its only me and the rig on my back that has gotten me safely on the ground every time.

I would not have gotten to where I am in terms of the sport, and how this experience has changed my outlook on life, without the amazing support, encouragement, and faith that my instructors have had in me. I love every one of these people and have the utmost respect and admiration for their passion and passing on their love for this amazing sport to the rest of us. Many many many thanks to:

-Lob (school would not be functioning without you!)
-Mel (cheerleader and Elsinore mascot, your enthusiasm and energy are infectious sista)
-Mike (I'm glad I have someone to relate to about Elsinore as the place where we both escape from real life and just have a good time)
-Mark (your hilarity is astounding and never fails to put a smile on my face)
-Aaron (you know what it takes to be a good skydiver, thanks for passing on your thoughts so openly)
-Nik (you taught me how to pull! your natural teaching ability and patience make me a better skydiver every time)
-Spot (your continued support, encouragement and advice keep me safe and focused. Thanks for looking out for me always)
-Tickle (my mentor/second dad. Thank you for keeping me in this sport, your support inspired me to pass my level 2 after two tries. Your continual faith in me keeps me going)
-Misha (for a world-class skydiver, quiet, unassuming, humble but such an amazing skydiver I feel so privileged flying with you. Flying is so comfortable knowing you're around)
- and Lelo (for whom I would never have begun skydiving in the first place, doing my tandem with you. You put the idea in my head that I could fly. Your light-heartedness and enthusiasm make you a kickass instructor and skydiver. My boy all the way)

There are tons of people at Elsinore who have made this experience so rewarding and fulfilling, that I also cannot forget. I only look forward to more fun, more happiness, and new friendships with you all. I love you Skydive Elsinore, second home away from home.

Peace, love and blue skies.

Congrats again, Emily. Elsinore is a better place than usual when your huge smile is around. It was so great to see you have that huge grin.
Bummer that work takes you away on such a wonderful weekend. A few of us raised a bottle in your honor tonight at the Swiss/German party.

Congrats again, Emily. Elsinore is a better place than usual when your huge smile is around. It was so great to see you have that huge grin.
Bummer that work takes you away on such a wonderful weekend. A few of us raised a bottle in your honor tonight at the Swiss/German party.

awww you guys are sweet! I didn't know when that party was going to get started, I would've stayed if it started earlier but alas I missed out yet again. :( I have to resort to re-joining Facebook to keep in touch with y'all that I miss during the week.

Hello Emily!
I don't think that we've met, but I loved reading your post. Congratulations!!! Elsinore has a great group of regulars and staff alike, doesn't it? :)
I'll be out there on March 27th to see my friend Lisa H. get back in the sky, again. Maybe I'll meet you then, and we can celebrate everyone's successes! :D

Big hugs and blue skies,
~Rosa

Hi Rosa! Thanks so much :) Elsinore is amazing yes you have no idea how much I miss it during the week.

Awesome, I'll be there for Excel camp yes and I look forward to meeting you !

Dustin: thanks, I was beaming yesterday. And I did a very stupid dance but it felt friggin awesome :)

Lisa: I wish you could have been there too--I would have loved a hug from you especially, you've always been so supportive everytime I'm at the DZ. It was a very pleasant surprise to hear my name announced over the loudspeaker :)