cloudclimr

Is there Life Insurance

This has been discussed frequently here. Try a search.

I recently noted that my employer offers group "accidental death" insurance in addition to group life insurance. I intend to look into that during the next open enrollment period as a low cost supplement to my life insurance. I bought my life insurance about 20 years before I began skydiving.
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

my husband has life insurance, I don't have any. I checked into his plan and skydiving activities are an exclusion. I did read up on a thread about "combined insurance" I've emailed them 3 times and still haven't gotten a reply. Just wondering if any of the members out there have coverage that includes skydiving activities. I'm new to the sport.

My AIG insurance was cheaper than my federal employees' group plan when I hit 50. I had to fill out a questionnaire about my skydiving activities (instructor, ~200/year, etc.) but the offer came back with out higher rates.B|

I pay $191/month for $1 million in coverage. If I ever do go in, there should be enough to buy beer. ;)

I just got 250k Universal Life Insurance (good for the rest of my life) for 157 per month. Premium will always stay the same and I have skydiving and other "high risk" activities included in.

My stats: Male, 27, non-smoker, great health.

Edit: At a young age it is best to go ahead and get Universal life.....or some sort of lifelong policy. By the time your term life insurance is up you will be older and any rates you get for future life insurance will be much higher than they are now.

Edit: The 250k policy is an extra policy, my primary is through my employer.

Farmers would set me up with a policy, I've forgotten exactly and I didn't have the $ but it was around $200/mo. for $350k including skydiving, BASE, SCUBA etc.

BASE? Doubtful. I'd need to see the policy that would include that activity.

As I've said many, many times here before if you have an individual policy (not group) and it covers skydiving you will not think it's a bargain. You will pay a premium.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

In Reply To
Farmers would set me up with a policy, I've forgotten exactly and I didn't have the $ but it was around $200/mo. for $350k including skydiving, BASE, SCUBA etc.

BASE? Doubtful. I'd need to see the policy that would include that activity.

As I've said many, many times here before if you have an individual policy (not group) and it covers skydiving you will not think it's a bargain. You will pay a premium.

Let me be more clear on this Scott, THE POLICY INCLUDES BASE. Anything else I can explain for you?
Sometimes you eat the bear..............

I went though Prudential and had skydiving specifically written into the policy. Expensive as hell. $300.00/Month for 500k.

I still don;t understand how this can not be a rip off, at $300/mo you would have to live for > 138 years for them to break even even if they invested the $$ and made 7-10% the numbers don't seem to work.

I went though Prudential and had skydiving specifically written into the policy. Expensive as hell. $300.00/Month for 500k.

I still don;t understand how this can not be a rip off, at $300/mo you would have to live for > 138 years for them to break even even if they invested the $$ and made 7-10% the numbers don't seem to work.

Yeah, but dont they base their premiums on the likelihood of the person actually dying?

its all statistics and probabilities I thought anyway....