chrissarine

DZs open 7 days a week?

Hi there. New guy here, first post. :)

I live in Summerville, SC and I work a really weird schedule. Now that the weather is getting nicer, I'd like to be able to jump on my weekdays off. Can anyone help me out to find a DZ(or several) within a few hours drive that's open 7 days a week?

A good question. Another is: Will they be jumping?
Some may be open, but if not enough people are there, they won't run the plane.
Check out the Dropzone tab above to find out what's close to you, then call them before you go.
But what do I know?

There are very few DZ that fly all day during the week like they do on the weekends. Sometimes they'll have a group of tandems schedueld at a certain time, or an AFF class that will have the plane flying in the afternoon. Either way, you need to call ahead, and see what they have scheduled, and make sure they'll have room for a fun jumper. A 182 DZ with ten tandems will fly 5 full loads, and you won't be on any of them.

Where do you jump on the weekends? Are they available during the week? Your best is to find three other jumpers who also want to jump during the week. If you all agree to make 4 or 5 jumps, you can usually get the DZ to arrange for a pilot, and you guys are in business.

Hi there. New guy here, first post. :)

I live in Summerville, SC and I work a really weird schedule. Now that the weather is getting nicer, I'd like to be able to jump on my weekdays off. Can anyone help me out to find a DZ(or several) within a few hours drive that's open 7 days a week?

Move to Southern California :P

Elsinore and Perris run all the time.

Minus our retarded laws and traffic, it ain't so bad! :$
"Fail, fail again. Fail better."
-Samuel Beckett

Thanks for the responses. My home DZ is Skydive Walterboro and I love it there, but they're only open Friday-Sunday. My days off coming up are everything EXCEPT Friday-Sunday!

Raeford sometimes has jumping during the week. Raeford is a decent drive from Summerville, but I don't think that you will be able to find anything that fits the bill that is closer.

Skydive Carolina in Chester may do some weekday jumping, but I'm not sure.