mgregory

Taking my rig on a plane.

I know there have been posts on this before, but I couldn't figure out the right words to search for it. I remember seeing a link to something skydivers should print and take with them when their rig is going to be carried on. Can someone point me in the right direction?
AKA MG Hammer Flying Hellfish #834 Son's Of Bacon #1

Its probably the TSA 'permission slip' to allow you to bring parachutes as a carry on. Here is the link.

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/assistant/editorial_1147.shtm

If you have a CYPRES, its also a good idea to have CYPRES card showing what they will see as your rig is put through Xray.
And for the record: the appropriate ranking of cool modes of transportation is jet pack, hover board, transporter, Batmobile, and THEN giant ant.
D.S. #8.8

You beat me to it!:P

I'm quick! B|

Here's the cypres card ...

http://www.cypres.cc/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=89&func=fileinfo&id=28&lang=en
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

I have always carried my rig on the plane.

I just got back from the Skydive Expo in Deland.
I carried my rig both ways.

I don't put it in a bag. I carry it on my back like a back pack and put it in the grey bin for x-ray.

The only thing they have ever done is swab it and that is only about one out of every ten times.

I have never had to show my Vigil card or letter from USPA or anything.

The TSA personell see rigs all the time. Just don't look like you're trying to hide something and you should have no problems.
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

Just learned an interesting tidbit the last time I flew with my rig. I was talking to a supervisor and he stated that per their manual they are are required to swab the rig each and everytime or else if a supervisor catches them not doing it they can shut down the airport until they find the rig to check it. Very interesting as I would say the last couple years of flying maybe only, 40% of the time do I get it swabbed. Just reinforces the notion that the TSA is a load of crap :P

That is interesting. I have probably had the bag containing my sky rig opened 75% off the time and swabbed 50% of the time.

The funny thing is they have never even OPENED the bag containing my base rig, which has skulls embroidered all over it ;)

"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero