GLIDEANGLE

D-License & a lot of thanks

I started jumping three years ago this month. Yesterday I made my 500th jump and earned my D-license. I owe a huge debt of gratitude to many, many people who made this possible and pleasant!

I am sure that I will forget to mention someone…. I apologize in advance.

THANK YOU…

-- To Ernie Long and his team of instructors and coaches…. Not only did you give me a good start, you have remained a source of encouragement, information, & mentoring.

-- To Dr. Lee Schlichtemeier and his wife Carol for running a safe, fun, and hospitable DZ.

-- To Svien and Eddie for hundreds of safe flights to altitude and (mostly) great spots. ;)

-- To Ron for giving me great skydiving “career” guidance.

-- To Laura for taking me under her wing early in my career.

-- To the many load organizers at Skydive Dallas who have given me many, many, great jumps and lots of guidance about how to be a better skydiver.

-- To my teammates for the last two seasons of 4-way FS: Roland, Kirk, David, Johnathan, Sean, David, and Bryce. I learned so much from each of you… and had a great time. You were more than patient with my numerous errors and brain locks.

-- To Jeff for teaching me lots about rigging. Jeff: My primary skydiving goal this year is to finish my rigger ticket! (Maybe by declaring that in public will give me the pressure to FINISH.)

-- To Michael Nowatney for being a great teacher and friend. I will always cherish my memory of you being a delightfully “bad” student during my coach candidate evaluation jump. I wish that you could have joined me on my 500th jump…but I know that you were with us in spirit. Blue Skies.

-- To the many wonderful jumpers at Skydive Dallas, who have become a new family for me.

To the many non-jumpers who made this journey easier:

-- My wife, who lets me spend $$$ and be gone a lot.

-- Bo, who picked me up when I landed out.

-- Beckie and Val, who kept on top of the insanity in manifest.

-- Debbie and her gang, who help keep my accounts straight.

-- Laura, Sara, Jim, & Chris, whose pack jobs surprise me by opening every time!

-- My faithful dog Katy who is always eager to go to the DZ, eager to see me after I jump, a great party dog, and a vigilant guard as I sleep.

Plus, a final thanks to all those I have forgotten to mention. [:/]

I can’t wait to see what the next three years hold for us!!!
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

Congrats Jim! I should have been there yesterday but something came up. Good luck on your riggers ticket this year. I know Jeff has been working with you on this, at least your learning from one of the best riggers I know. Should be some great years ahead for a lot of us:)

Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

-- To Ron for giving me great skydiving “career” guidance.

Ah, thanks. Now I feel bad for talking to Larry Henderson about you behind your back this weekend. ;)

Or did you mean Ron Hill? People get us confused you know. But I'm the taller one and dress better. :D

Seriously, you've done well and progressed nicely. It's a good start. Keep it up.
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP