WatchYourStep

Skydive Houston should change it's name to....

Skydive Awesomeness....

I was on my home back to Kansas and wasn't in a hurry to get back to the 20 degree weather and 6" of snow we were getting (yes we just got 6" of snow 2 days ago here, but it's almost all melted), so I swung by Skydive Houston for a visit.

This place was great. Heather at manifest was really nice, did my paperwork up and she introduced me to Chuck who gave me a landing briefing. Chuck then hooked me up with some guys to get on some jumps.

I funneled a 6 way hybrid and felt awful, took responsibility for it, but everyone said no big deal, had fun and learned what I did wrong. Simon Bones and Brad Cole were doing some organizing and they are crazy good.

If you get the chance drop by and check their place out.

PS: It's dog friendly and they have a goat....no seriously they have a fainting goat.....

Beer owed for:
- First jump at Skydive Houston
- First off landing at Skydive Houston (I was following down someone's canopy that got chopped)

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

This place was great.

I second this. I had an afternoon to kill while waiting for a flight back to frigid Utah the Monday after Thanksgiving. So, I drove out to SD Houston and made three jumps. Even though I'm a very new skydiver with the ink still wet on my A-license and older than dirt, everyone made me feel welcome and right at home. Especially Stacey who jumped with me and gave me some great pointers. Awesome place. ( I saw lots of dogs, but no goat. )
Alton

"Luck favors the prepared."