Prior23

Scott Lutz Email

No, he never sued. He knew he didn't have a case. He was taught the procedure for a total malfunction. Which is basically what he had. Where he says, "They didn't teach me what to do when the "chute" goes away," he's going by video memory not actual memory of the jump. On the actual jump all he knew was he pulled the cord (albeit the wrong one) and nothing happened to arrest his fall. He was taught to go straight to silver which is what he eventually did at Moley's (mainside JM) urging.

(I was on the same load and right behind Lutz with another student.)

NickD :)

No, he never sued. He knew he didn't have a case. He was taught the procedure for a total malfunction. Which is basically what he had. Where he says, "They didn't teach me what to do when the "chute" goes away," he's going by video memory not actual memory of the jump. On the actual jump all he knew was he pulled the cord (albeit the wrong one) and nothing happened to arrest his fall. He was taught to go straight to silver which is what he eventually did at Moley's (mainside JM) urging.

And Lutz WAS a lawyer, wasn't he?

Thanks Nick for strightening us out again on the Lutz incident.

Maybe Scott Lutz and Shayna Richardson will open a Drop Zone together some day... :S

In fairness, I might be willing to adjust my feelings about the OP if Lutz was still making a dishonest issue out of it in recent times.

Here's his latest interview as of last year, he still blames the instructors. Also, this video edited out the part of him pulling the cutaway handle.....

This one is worse than the original and pissed me off, not so much the skydiving part, but the fact that he is really a dishonest man who is definately making money off this shit.

Can you show us how recently he's done that?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xaoka4_skydiver-loses-chute-hits-powerline_shortfilms

What's his email address again? Just kidding, I really don't give a shit about the guy.