twodarhythm

Attention Gamers! (and non gamers!)

I had to post something about this new video game that ive been playing called "Just Cause 2". I've got to tell you that this game has some AMAZING visuals and awesome skydiving simulation! (I dont know if thats proper grammar) Basically you are this guy joining up with gangs (kind of Grand Theft Auto style gameplay) but your on this island that is absolutely beautiful and you have unlimited parachutes hidden somewhere in your shirt. You can take any vehicle from a boeing, to a cessna, to all different types of helicopters, to cars and trucks and tanks, and the list goes on. You also have a grapple that will latch on to anything and while grappling, you can release your parachute and fly around the island. I didnt mention that you can always jump out of any aircraft that your flying a free fall for a few minutes... or just pull and cut away as you please. Get this game, if for the freefall, canopy time and stunning visuals alone. I have it on PC so the graphics tend to be better than a console, but theyre so good I cant imagine them being anything but stunning.

Case in point... check it out! You will have a blast! Anyone who has played it... back me up here!

I'm not really into 3rd person games..(although I did come to like crackdown) I would say this looks interesting...and IGN gave it a 8.8 so a few minor problems aside looks pretty sweet...and they also said that there was no vertican limit to the game...sound like you can fly a jet as high as possible..jump out and experience minutes of freefall to explore. If it werent for you I would have never known the cool possibilities of this game.

Yes its out for the 360.

lol360 and it's RROD. Get a PS3.

I tried the demo on PS3, I have to admit it's quite fun, however from the realism side, the whole skydiving/base there is really lame.. Exit angles, freefall speed, canopy inflation, infinite cutaways and canopies etc etc..
"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

Just PC.

And it's a ton of fun. Multiple locations including all the BASE object types, a dropzone, multiple canopies...ability to develop your character and customize their tracking and rigging abilities...etc.

Ability to customize gear (slider up/slider down, canopy choice, rig selection, PC size/selection) depending on the jump and what you want to do...can freefly, track, wingsuit, PCA, aerials. Also can do first or third person...cool camera shots, etc.

And lots of add ons, additional misions, mods.

Last time I checked there were precious few video games that were exactly 'spot on' regarding any genre they attempt to impersonate. And why you pull the 'RROD' card you are forgetting how this upcoming holiday season team xbox will release project natal that uses a 3-d camera to map your body and it can scan pictures you create and almost instantly import them into the xbox. This new technology will dominate the marketplace and strike a crushing blow to Sony and Nintendo. No controllers. Here look for yourself.

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14357198/project-natal-e3-demo-series/videos/ces10_projectnatal_010609.html

for that error have a look here http://d3company.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=301

For most stuff related to the game check out the forums as AVDAN suggested. They are a great resource and the community is small and sociable. There is some crossover with the BASE community.

As far as the error you are getting it is one of two things-

1) You don't have the PhysX engine or .NET Framework installed

2) Your video card blows. Most stock video cards or "onboard" integrated gpus won't suffice. Best buy sells low end NVidia cards for like $50...and yea it's worth it for the game :)

It's a work computer :P of course the video card blows... I turned down the graphics as much as possible, and most modern onboard video is "good enough" since the onboard card is better then the minimum recommendations... We'll see how it goes home where I do have a discrete graphics card.

ETA: got it working, I had thought .net 1.1 was already installed as I use this computer for programming... also had to use the forum and download a new gameplay-d.dll to get it to work...

http://d3company.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1034
"Damn you Gravity, you win again"