DSE

Understanding High Def for skydiving....

Hey y'all...
On Saturday, April 3, we'll be having a 60 minute class with 30 min Q/A on high definitiion for skydiving, at Skydive Elsinore.
Free

We'll be talking about the cameras, camera choices, understanding the various formats, etc. We'll also cover computers, editing, delivery.

Hope to see some of ya there.

any chance you can have this filmed so one can watch it later? can't make the trip south but would like to know what's said.

+1....either that or maybe a transcript or some notes?
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

I'll see whatI can do. The powerpoint can be uploaded for sure. The room? If it's dark in there, no point in trying to shoot it. I'm signed on for a one-shot presentation...editing, correcting, and uploading (not to mention bleeping certain words) isn't in my contract. But...I'll see if someone wants to help with the effort. With all the changes over to HD cams on the dropzone, seems I'm constantly answering questions about editing, storage, Xfer, shooting modes, etc.

~d

bah, every time I plan a jumping trip from tahiti to elsinore I always miss something cool like the excel camp by a week and now I also miss this :(

As the others I'd love some sort of transcript, or I'll have to bug the hell out of the people that attended when Im there the next week end ^^

"Common sense is not so common" - Voltaire
Dudeist Skydiver #9

any chance you can have this filmed so one can watch it later? can't make the trip south but would like to know what's said.

Due to the darkness required for a PowerPoint, didn't make sense to spend time shooting it. However, I did record the audio, so in the next day or so, I''l put the PowerPoint with audio online.
Was a good time, good fun.

Very good!
Probably my most well spent hour.

:D

This automated edittool you talked about, how does it "detect the crap"?
I mean if you would turn on the camera and would by misstake shake the camera, does the edittool cut that out? Or does it have to be 100% perfect videos?
Very intressting stuff

Thanks for the upload, really enjoyed it!