hcsvader

Best reaction after cut away

Lesson: Don't be a jackass and flip through your risers. But if you do, be ready for some shit because it just might happen.

What deos it mean to flip through your risers? Like he actually did a flip right over them? Why would someone do something like that? What would be the point?
"In this game you can't predict the future. You just have to play the odds. "-JohnMitchell

Lesson: Don't be a jackass and flip through your risers. But if you do, be ready for some shit because it just might happen.

What deos it mean to flip through your risers? Like he actually did a flip right over them? Why would someone do something like that? What would be the point?

Are you really a skydiver, asking what the point of someone doing something you don't understand ;)... don't get me wrong, not saying it's a good idea, but the only person he endangered was himself.
"Damn you Gravity, you win again"

Yes. Watch the video again. You see the horizon, then canopy, then ground, then horizon again as he rotates around. Right afterwords his canopy malfunctions.

As to why..... I guess Harmless already covered that one. ;)
I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251

Why?

Because they were really out of position when the canopy opened.

I've had it happen. It wasn't on purpose. On my back, slightly head down.
The pilot chute came out between my legs and when the canopy opened, I did 3/4 of a backloop (from on my back to upright). My momentum then swung me through another backloop right through my risers. It wasn't pretty or fun.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

No. This particular cameraflyer was in the habit of doing a half backloop after opening, hanging upside down with his legs wrapped around the risers and shooting video/pictures of the tandem he was with. This time, one of his legs went through the lines.

Yes. Watch the video again. You see the horizon, then canopy, then ground, then horizon again as he rotates around. Right afterwords his canopy malfunctions.

As to why..... I guess Harmless already covered that one. ;)

When he back flips through if you look closer youll see his right leg grabs a line causing his mal.

Took me alota times watching it to see exactly what happend.
Why not?
My direction in life is up...then down again REALLY REALLY FAST!!!
Never take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
D.S. #55

Hi Ketia,

he actually did a flip right over them?

Been there, done that.

I was a long, long time ago. It was about my 20th jump & ~20 sec delay. In those days we were taught to bring both hands in when going for the main ripcord. I bought both hands in and did a perfect forward flip right through the risers during deployment.

But that was then and things do change . . . B|

JerryBaumchen

PS) It was my one & only flip-through.

I hope this guy won the Die Hard Award of the 2005 for that.

Talk about not giving in or an inch: Did you see he pulled the reserve down, pulled it out and shook it open? That guy has his shit together, man. :D
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

I hope this guy won the Die Hard Award of the 2005 for that.

Talk about not giving in or an inch: Did you see he pulled the reserve down, pulled it out and shook it open? That guy has his shit together, man. :D

Not like he has a choice...its either fight for your life or DIE. I agree :D He did a good job of fixing his fuck up. :|
Why not?
My direction in life is up...then down again REALLY REALLY FAST!!!
Never take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
D.S. #55