hcsvader

Best reaction after cut away

I like the one where the guy has a step-through, and when he looks up and sees the mess, he (pretty calmly)asks, "What the fuck?"

Is the one where teh guy continues to have a conversation with his packer about checking for step throughs? that's one of my favorites. (the one Im thinking of was posted somewhere on here last fall sometime...)

http://www.skydivingstills.com/Skydiving/2009/Weekend-Pics-8-30-09/9467217_Z2jP4#635979657_qSsBT-A-LB

BTW, I do take full responsibility for that one (well maybe not the linetwists). She was just learning to pack and didn't carefully put the dbag down at the bottom of the rig when she was stowing the risers. I mentioned that she might twist it by accident and had her bring it back over to show her how I do it. At some point, it got pulled through the risers.

Dave

I like this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhEzfR0HXR8&feature=related

I'm sure there are lots more. Lets see what ya got.

I probably would have been cussing just as much as he was...

Did I see a hole in the slider of his reserve? Yikes!

PD Reserve sliders (at least the ones I have seen) have a square hole in the center. It's the way they are built. Nothing to worry about.

Cut it away! wait...

Soooo I just edited this together from my one and only so far. i had a really tiny line over, I didnt realize it til reviewing the vid. I chopped fast cuz i didn't know what was wrong, hanging on the right riser didnt work, i was getting low, i was far away, and over grape vines. The jump prior i had chased my lil sis on a tandem with my fam on site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buGmrMaH2V4
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

Just do a nice flip in the harness and problem solved. Many people have done that.

Or just land it with a twist in the risers. I've done that. :)
Step through, harness flip, two different things.

I do remember watching Vskydiver land a step through in the peas on an old Cirrus Cloud. Looked pretty cool. B|

Somewhere on VHS (yes, when I started jumping our videos were on VHS:o), I have a video of a guy has a nasty tangle of nylon above his head, who says something to the effect of, "Fuck that shit!!!! M-I-C see you real soon K-E-Y Why? Because we like it!" and chopped and pulled. I crack up every time I watch it. I'll have to ask my dad who it was that had the mal. I'll have to look into having it converted. It really is something that should be shared with the skydiving world. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Adrenaline is my crack

DPH #3
D.S. #16 FAG #12 Muff Brother #4406

http://www.skydivingstills.com/Skydiving/2009/Weekend-Pics-8-30-09/9467217_Z2jP4#635979657_qSsBT-A-LB

BTW, I do take full responsibility for that one (well maybe not the linetwists). She was just learning to pack and didn't carefully put the dbag down at the bottom of the rig when she was stowing the risers. I mentioned that she might twist it by accident and had her bring it back over to show her how I do it. At some point, it got pulled through the risers.

Dave

Hilarious!

Um, there's a hole on purpose? It makes it come out faster :)

Makes sense, I've wondered how the reserve is supposed to open faster. People have just told me it does without giving me detail. :)

It's not just the hole in the slider. Ever wondered why sabre1(for example) tends to open fast?

It's the whole design.

I've never jumped a Sabre1 or what is considered a fast-opening canopy. How specifically is the reserve designed then, I'm now curious, to open faster ?

what is jumping through the harness??

The main is caught up and didn't go away...I'm guessing what you're asking about is the reserve bag deploying it's canopy.

Remember when I showed you on your rig how the reserve bag and pilot chute separate from the canopy?

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Hi Emily,

I've never jumped a Sabre1 or what is considered a fast-opening canopy. How specifically is the reserve designed then, I'm now curious, to open faster ?

NOTE: I am NOT trying to be negative towards you.

Your main and your reserve are two totally different canopies. How fast a main opens has virtually nothing to do with how fast your reserve opens; unless your main is so slow that it puts you down into AAD-territory ( :o ). Also, your reserve canopy mfr has no idea of what main you might use now or in the future.

Some reserves have holes in the center of the slider & some have holes in the forward portion of the slider, and there may be some with no holes in the slider. It is all a part of the overall design of the reserve canopy; it is designed to not fail/destroy during the heavy load/high speeds of the strength tests & to open within the time frame of the lower load/lower speeds of the functional tests.

You have shown ( IMO ) and interest in this stuff. I would recommend you find a copy of the TSO standard for your reserve and read it. You should find it educational and interesting, I hope.

If you cannot locate a copy, get back to me & I will make a copy & send it to you.

JerryBaumchen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAQ43yUVLho&NR=1

It's all fun & games...until plan B goes to hell too!

It looked like he was playing with a yo-yo there were so many lines floating around. B|

Lesson: Don't be a jackass and flip through your risers. But if you do, be ready for some shit because it just might happen.
I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251