Kramerica

Best place to jump in So Cal ?

skydive san diego. a couple of otters, and a caravan. nice people, good staff, and a pretty large fun jumper base. you can see mexico, the ocean, and some mountains, all at the same time in freefall. this time of year the landing field is nice and green, and shorts and t shirt on a good day..

For LA-area RW Jumping during the week I can recommend both Perris and Elsinore. Whatever your skill level both cater to getting visiting jumpers into easy air fun. You'll find the big door aircraft a bonus to.

Dzs like these are in business to make you smile
Pat Works nee Madden Travis Works, Jr .B1575, C1798, D1813, Star Crest Solo#1, USPA#189,

I'll be out at Elsinore this week and I'll do some RW jumps with you if you're around. I'll be there Wednesday for sure, Thursday if I can swing it, and Saturday morning for a little while. There's usually LOs at Elsinore Thursday - Sunday I think.

Perris is a bigger belly DZ but Elsinore is much more laid back. On the weekends you should have no problems finding belly jumpers to jump with at Elsinore. During the week it can be touch-and-go regarding the number of RW jumpers. But since they are 15 minutes apart just goto Elsinore, then goto Perris. Personally, I think you should jump at both if you have at least 2 days to jump, but if you come to Elsinore first I doubt you will leave!!
"Tell ya the truth, I don't think this is a brains kind of operation."

Perris has RW load organizers every day and Otters turning every day. The last few weeks we've been turning 3 planes, including the skyvan, every day. And Perris has the tunnel. Oh, and the pool, bar & restaurant.
Elsinore is cool too. Check them both out.
http://www.exitshot.com

it would be hard to pass up the skyvan

If you've never jumped a tailgate, get over to Perris. The days of tailgate jumpships (in the US) are numbered, so get out of one while you still can. Otters are great, but they're eveywhere and will probably be around skydiving far longer than the few Skyvans left.

Perris has RW load organizers every day and Otters turning every day. The last few weeks we've been turning 3 planes, including the skyvan, every day. And Perris has the tunnel. Oh, and the pool, bar & restaurant.
Elsinore is cool too. Check them both out.

Or if Elsinore borrows Perris' Shark planes, you can get 3 Otters turning and best of both worlds. No skyvan though :)

I've only been to Perris in California, but it's a great place. Very efficient planes, you can get all the jumps you want done early in the day, and then you can just relax by the pool. Great people and great vibe too.

B|

I'm going back there in a couple of weeks, and I'm already smiling.

:)

Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

If you've never jumped a tailgate, get over to Perris. The days of tailgate jumpships (in the US) are numbered, so get out of one while you still can. Otters are great, but they're eveywhere and will probably be around skydiving far longer than the few Skyvans left.

+1

some of my favorite jumps at Elsinore were out of Perris' Skyvan!!!!! Hanging from the bar underneath the step on exit is mind-blowing B|

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8wgmNFc3zM
"Tell ya the truth, I don't think this is a brains kind of operation."

I will be in the Long Beach area this week and want to find a laid back place to jump and do some RW . I have 85 jumps most of them being RW from a 182.Any suggestions would be helpful.B|

Thanks

There will be a bunch of old geezers at Elsinore this week.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I've jumped Elsinore and Perris, like 'em both, that said Elsinore is my choice but then it's all a matter of perspective.
-----------------------------------
"There are two kinds of skydivers in this world, the kind that skydive to enrich their lives and the kind that skydive to define their lives. Don't be the latter."

+1

some of my favorite jumps at Elsinore were out of Perris' Skyvan!!!!! Hanging from the bar underneath the step on exit is mind-blowing B|

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8wgmNFc3zM
Tanya is having way to much fun in that:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?