nitrochute

Flat packing

I flat pack. I jump a 370 sq ft canopy, and with my 6'3'' height most of the canopy is on the ground when I tried pro-packing. It does take alot of room, but I love the fact that I can see all the seams line up, all the lines perfectly straight, and just flows better in my mind.

It takes up more space for about the first 5 minutes, once you stack the line groups it is the same space as most. Packing tabs helps alot, but I usually just run the top skin seams anyways.

It just looks really good and uniform laid out flat basically looking like a stab and one cell laying on its side, gives you the warm and fuzzies:P

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

What is this flat packing that you speak of?

LOLB|

flat packing is an ancient technique where skydivers with D licenses below 2000 lay out their parachutes on the ground taking up space usually alotted to 3 normal packers and roll around in an ancient ritual before stuffing their nylon in a little bag:P:P
"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

What is this flat packing that you speak of?

LOLB|

flat packing is an ancient technique where skydivers with D licenses below 2000 lay out their parachutes on the ground taking up space usually alotted to 3 normal packers and roll around in an ancient ritual before stuffing their nylon in a little bag:P:P

As opposed to PRO packing which as we all know, stands for Probable Reserve Opening...:P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Hi Aussie lady,
Yup, Flat, pro, trash, take yer' pick. I don't know who started Trashpackin but it's the forerunner to PRO packin'. Ya' set yer brakes, step out of yer rig, grab the two sets of risers and run the slider up to the canopy, shake it twice and flop it on the ground, go to the top of the canopy, pull the tail out of the way and with your fingers "Rake" the lines straight, put the center of the tail over the edge of the slider and tuck the test of the tail under the nose, straighten out the canopy into a long sausage and "Stuff it" in yer Bag. "Trash pakin" Some people didn't even bother with the bag and just coiled the lines in the bottom of their container and s-folded the canopy on top!! Worked fine till a couple of people got suspension lines half-hitched on their container side flap!! Sparky kin' tell ya!!!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out