apt3studiodiver

Aerodyne Pilot

Just jumped my Aerodyne Pilot 168 for the first times today. Loved it, what a wonderful canopy and had some of the best, very on-heading openings I've ever had. Very responsive and light toggle pressure. Powerful flare but you have to dig deep. Just thought I'd throw that out there...:)
Anybody have some good/bad experiences under their pilot they would like to share? Post some pics if you have them! I'll post one under canopy on Tues..
www.apt3studios.com
www.musicpromotiononline.com
www.internetcafegaming.com
D.S. # 4321

Just jumped my Aerodyne Pilot 168 for the first times today. Loved it, what a wonderful canopy and had some of the best, very on-heading openings I've ever had. Very responsive and light toggle pressure. Powerful flare but you have to dig deep. Just thought I'd throw that out there...:)
Anybody have some good/bad experiences under their pilot they would like to share? Post some pics if you have them! I'll post one under canopy on Tues..

good luck gettng info out of people, so few people use the pilot :P. im a sabre 2 guy, i can only troll you :)
IHYD

I did a bunch of jumps on Pilots. They are overall a good canopy, especially for someone starting out. I don't have anything bad to say about them. I did notice that they have a shorter recovery than a Sabre 2 or Safire 2. I never found I had to dig deep for the flare. I found my Safire 2 had a softer and longer opening than the Pilot. This is just my experience with them.

I've owned four main canopies, and three of them are Pilots (we don't talk about the other one). Loaded between 1.1 and 1.65, they have been universally well-behaved and great fun to fly.

My current 132, I will probably have until it goes to the great rigging loft in the sky, since I can't foresee a time when I won't need one... camera, wingsuit, bigway, it's good for all these things. Until I start upsizing again when I'm older and my body needs to be looked after, but hopefully that will be many years yet. Then I'll just go back to bigger Pilots.

Brilliant.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

While I don't have much experience with many other canopies- I LOVE my Pilot. Mine is a 188- under 1:1 wingloading. Jumped a 168- loved it even more! So that will be my next canopy.
I woke up next to a blowup doll Ash....so what do you think?

...Itching to try the 168 tho..

You can borrow mine anytime Don

I love my Pilot 168. Have about 400 jumps on it. My next canopy will be a Pilot if that says anything.

I'll take you up on that! B|

See ya soon.
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

I LOVE MY PILOT! It's a 168 and she's a beauty! She gets me home from long spots, she opens quickly and softly and on heading, she's a blast to fly too. I whole heartedly recommend The Pilot for any skill level. :)

"It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities." - A. Dumbledore

Me too!

;)

I love my Pilot 111.

Fun to fly in that size and has actually got some dive, but still has the same great on heading openings as the bigger sizes, and I can still float above everyone on brakes with it.

:)

Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

good luck gettng info out of people, so few people use the pilot :P. im a sabre 2 guy, i can only troll you :)

That's a peculiar statement. I can say for certain that there are as many Pilot's than Sabre 2's at my kinda large dropzone.
I can also say that every single one of them including myself absolutely loves the way they fly. (I have 2).
I used to jump the Sabre 2 but I moved up to a canopy that doesn't have end cell closure, doesn't open off heading, doesn't wind up like a clock and is much more responsive (and fun) to toggle input.
It is hands down a superior canopy and people are starting to figure it out.
Oh...and one other thing. You don't see a second version of it. Aerodyne got it right the first time.

>I can also say that every single one of them including myself absolutely
>loves the way they fly. (I have 2).

I had (still have) a Pilot 150 - love how it flies. We use it for accuracy jumps nowadays. I jumped a 124 for a while; that was also a pretty good canopy.

I also got a Pilot 117 that never really flew well. Opened hard, flare was so-so compared to something like a Safire2.

BTW thanks for hooking me up with that rig, likestojump, great deal on it! Was worried I wouldn't like it since I didn't get a chance to jump it during winter, but the rig feels great in the sky and so does the canopy. Perfect fit! Still have to get those alti's off you too..
www.apt3studios.com
www.musicpromotiononline.com
www.internetcafegaming.com
D.S. # 4321