c10edges

The Value of This Community

Sometimes in life, some events really make you think about what is important in your life. Skydiving has made me personally think seriously about these things two distinct times. Two of my friends were recently injured very severely and are most likely going through one of these times. Skydivers always say that were a close-knit community and what not, but I have never seen the full extent of this truth. Until now. Chris got injured without insurance and is going to have to cover the bill. One of his family members set up an online foundation to raise money for him. In less than three days, mostly skydivers have raised over $3400 for Chris. Skydivers have bombarded his facebook wall with words of encouragement and jokes. Many jumpers have visited him in the hospital and spent time with him. Unlike most friends in life, skydivers seem to “show up” in times of need for each other. I simply find that truly amazing. In other words, thanks.

This was not meant to be a add, but if you would like more info, or to help, visit
http://www.giveforward.org/titt/

If you have any stories that show the power of this community, I would love to read them.