SimonBones

23? Is this correct?

i think so.
There's a guy here in OZ that's been trying to organise a record nude way for quite a while. It seems that most of the people who front up to do the jump are less than ready for it.
All tghe jumpers with enough skill prefer to keep their clothes on.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

It is a lot harder than you think.

It's not that hard in freefall usually.

Regardless, it's not that tough to fly with nothing on. It's finding enough jumpers with enough skydives to fly naked more than one time. I mean who organizes these? No one does.

I agree we could easily do this on our heads if enough good flyers would agree to jump naked ... at the same time, at the same dz... etc.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

So it sounds like there is a community interest in defeating an archaic record like this, except the right organizer needs to come along and make it happen.

This sounds like a job for a Summerfest or LP boogie organizer to take on. Late summer with large loads of people coming.

Shit 23? We could bust this in this very year.

I'm actually sort of embarrassed that we have a 400 way belly record, a 108 way head down record, but only a 23 way naked record. Come on... we're friggin skydivers!!!
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

Surely with today's talent, this record could be beat on our heads.

It would certainly be a good test of whether the skills of "today's talent" are based, at least in part, on having well designed jumpsuits that enable everyone to fall at an approximately equal rate.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

>It is a lot harder than you think.

Agreed, but everything from fall rate to translation works exactly the same. It's just that it _feels_ different, and that takes some getting used to.

>It would certainly be a good test of whether the skills of "today's talent"
>are based, at least in part, on having well designed jumpsuits that enable
>everyone to fall at an approximately equal rate.

That's definitely part of it, but a) such jumpsuits have been around since the 1970's and b) you can adjust fallrate with a weight belt as easily as you can with a suit.

We've gone as high as 12, but those dives get hairy fast. (No pun intended.)

We managed to determine that skin is slower than nylon. Maybe we had lots of baggy skin and flippyfloppy meat.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

>We managed to determine that skin is slower than nylon.

Hairy skin is slower; smooth skin seems faster. (In other words, women have built in nylon jumpsuits; men are more like cordura.) That seems to help, since it gives women an inherent fallrate advantage, and they're usually lighter to start with.

I did a naked dive once in the early 80's. We were doing about a 20-way round and I was swooping last. During my dive to the formation the excess of my legstrap came unstowed.

I think I inadvertently invented freeflying that day.

Ouch. Never again.
:P

.First post on dz.com, but I had to comment. I did my first naked jump 2 weeks ago for my 100th. It was not bad, just cold as hell with the initial wind blast, after that I couldn't really feel anything else, and no real difference than any other belly dive, just not as much power in the legs for docking and tracking. The key thing I found is that at pull time I added one more hand movement after deploying the pilot chute to cup and protect the family jewels to prevent a skydive vasectomy.

I did naked dives in the 70's and early 80's; I think that disqualifies me from making one now :), kind of like the rule that having worn a miniskirt in the 70's disqualifies one from wearning one now

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

>It is a lot harder than you think.

Agreed, but everything from fall rate to translation works exactly the same. It's just that it _feels_ different, and that takes some getting used to.

>It would certainly be a good test of whether the skills of "today's talent"
>are based, at least in part, on having well designed jumpsuits that enable
>everyone to fall at an approximately equal rate.

That's definitely part of it, but a) such jumpsuits have been around since the 1970's and b) you can adjust fallrate with a weight belt as easily as you can with a suit.

But if you wear a weightbelt you aren't naked.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

; I can only imagine what 120 mph of flappy-flapping would do. Doesn't that hurt like hell?

first i think that the initial shock from the cold ass air will result in major shrinkage so i don't think that there will be all that much flappy-flapping as you would think. second probably would be painful need to do some major cupage instead of grabbing the risers. but it sounds very funny to attempt B|