Telek

Recent changes to Part 91 pertaining to skydiving operations?

I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere (searched but didn't find anything) but I have heard some rumours lately about changes to Part 91 that are effectively removing skydiving operations from aerial activities which is effectively turning skydivers into passengers. However there is another change which excludes skydiving from these changes - but that only applies to owned aircraft. Leased turbine skydiving aircraft would now fall under commercial rules which means such things as a 3600 hour limit on engines, reduction in the number of passengers before a flight attendant is required, etc?

I'm sorry to be so vague, and this could be totally wrong but is there any truth to these rumours at all?

I haven't heard about the changes but wouldn't mind a flight attendant and a beverage cart on the way up to altitude :P

The Perris DC9 had flight attendants. They served a snack on the ride to altitude. The seat belt spiel included something to the effect of, "... and if you have any problems fastening your belt please see an attendant because you are too freakin' stupid to jump out of an airplane!"
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

Has anyone heard anything pertaining to this at all?

Not me, and I'm in the airplane business. But anythings possible as I don't have time to read all the shit that dysfunctional civil servants conger up to justify their useless existence.

I do however like the flight attendant idea. I can think of several ways they can service us on the way to altitude. But then we would have to install frontal flaps on our jumpsuits;).

PS: Doesn't apply to SansSuit, he's ready
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime