agentsmith413

Finally after 9 months...

... I start my aff course! I've been waiting for this forever. Wednesday and Thursday i have ground school then saturday i make my first AFF jump. I absolutely cannot wait to make my first AFF jump. Although the weather isnt looking too good for saturday which would be the day of my first jump. Oh well. Wish me luck and i'll keep everyone updated on my progress in this thread.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

I thought this was an "I've had a baby" thread.

Thank god that's not the case. I have enough trouble taking care of myself :P
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

Just finished the first day of ground school. Never realized how much shit you actually have to remember. Not quite overwhelming but still a fair amount of stuff to remember. Tomorrow we learn about canopy flying. Then Saturday is the big day! I'll keep you all updated.

Why aren't you jumping on the same day?

I remember doing my AFF (back home in Lithuania), I got explanation of gear and how to use it, video of emergency procedures and how to handle them, training in the harness and on the RW board with wheels and jumped the same day..
"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

Why aren't you jumping on the same day?

I remember doing my AFF (back home in Lithuania), I got explanation of gear and how to use it, video of emergency procedures and how to handle them, training in the harness and on the RW board with wheels and jumped the same day..

They do ground school on Wednesday and Thursday night and we do our first jump on Saturday. Don't know exactly why its done that way but it doesn't bother me. I figure its better not to be overloaded with information too fast.

Today marks the day that I make my first AFF jump. I've never actually been nervous about a skydive until now. I think its more so that now its in my hands and not someone else's. Oh well. Here's to my first jump! More updates to come.

Well due to crappy new England weather my first jumps were put off for a bit. But I finally got to start jumping and let me tell you it was amazing. I did my first 3 jumps of AFF this past weekend and passed them all. My instructors told me that on jump 3 when I am released for the first time that my body position was almost perfect and I was stable as can be. They said I have a bit of a lean to the right but other than that my body position is perfect. As a result, I have gained a ton of confidence in my ability and am looking forward to jumping again this weekend.

God I love this sport. It's so exhilarating yet so relaxing. People who don't do this are totally missing out.