eightate8at8

Dakine gear bag questions

http://www.chutingstargear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=50_53&products_id=682

If those of you who use this could chime in;

How spacious is it after you set your rig in, what do you guys normally have in it?

Does anyone have experience taking this (rig within) aboard commercial flights? Does it fit as a carry on? Last I remember the size requirements were shrinking day by day it seemed..

I can fit my rig and open face helmet in the main compartment if I make it so one of the shoulder straps is 'wearing' the helmet. I also have a packing mat in there. Not much room for anything else though. However the other compartment is pretty spacious and can easily hold your altimeters, goggles, etc., as well as a helmet or other like-sized items.

I've never used it as a carry on, but I've seen people get away with larger bags. If you had JUST your rig in, I supposed it'd be fine.

It's a good bag.
I'll be whatever I want to do!

Thanks!

Here is a quick link to carry on size restrictions for some of the airlines:

http://www.luggageonline.com/about_airlines.cfm

And the bag is 24 x 15 x 10 or 49 linear inches

Edit: For those who have it, what is the shell of it like? From the pictures it looks to be pretty stiff but pictures don't always tell all