Kimblair13

Different countries license/membership renewal info.

I'm trying to figure out some different countries rules...
I know in USA if you're USPA you renew annually. And get a new card and proof of your membership/renewal/ratings. Your insurance is with this.

What is it in Canada? What is the proof it's been done?

What is it for Switzerland? What is the proof it's been done?

I know for Germany they get their license once and don't "renew" it. But you have to have your insurance renewed every year.

I know for Germany they get their license once and don't "renew" it. But you have to have your insurance renewed every year.

Yep. Since some years. But you have to demonstrate/prove a minimum jump number per year. Otherwise your unlimited license is worthless. Insurance is to be renewed every year, that's right.

dudeist skydiver # 3105

I'm trying to figure out some different countries rules...
I know in USA if you're USPA you renew annually. And get a new card and proof of your membership/renewal/ratings. Your insurance is with this.

What is it in Canada? What is the proof it's been done?

It's the same in Canada ,CSPA membership card with highest CoP( license)
and certified ratings. CSPA 3rd party insurance is valid world wide to members who are normally resident in Canada

What is it for Switzerland? What is the proof it's been done?.

for Switzerland, you recieve your new card when Swissskydive have recieved the money for the renewal.
Licences are valid from 1st april till 31march next year. Insurance also.
THere are basically 2 insurances : the one sold via Swissskydive (Winterthur) or the one sold via the SHV/FSVL (hang-paragliding federation) which is the Generali insurance. Insurance cover is minimum 1Million Swiss francs. These insurances are third party liability insurance. We also have mandatory "illness" insurance (paid by ourselves), and "accident" insurance paid by our employer (which covers for all accidents, also during our free time).
Additionnally, it is recommended to have the REGA/ Air Glacier card which would cover for heli transport and repatriation (or covers the difference that your othr insurances wouldnt cover).

If you have a swiss skydiver who doesn't have his license/insurance with him, he should try and contact Stephan Heinrich (contacts on www.swissskydive.org ) , or pay for a temporary USPA license (IIRC around 30-40 $ for a month ?? ) which is no big deal if you want to jump.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

And if anyone knows what the FAA Class III equivalent medical is for Germany, Swiss and Canada that would be good too.

If I am not wrong, Class III is Class III... it's international.
What would you need a Class III in Switz for ?

I have a Class II because the DZO who formed me as a TM asked that for his TM's, not a national requirement, but DZ requirement. Not a bad thing IMO

You can PM me if you want
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

uk is almost the same as the swiss membership expires 1st april we get a very crap piece of paper the size of a credit card that is folded in half and stuck together, membership lets us jump at any BPA assosiated centre and covered with 3rd party insurance

uk is almost the same as the swiss membership expires 1st april we get a very crap piece of paper the size of a credit card that is folded in half and stuck together, membership lets us jump at any BPA assosiated centre and covered with 3rd party insurance

At a HUGE cost!!

And if anyone knows what the FAA Class III equivalent medical is for Germany, Swiss and Canada that would be good too.

Only tandem instructors need a valid medical in Canada. A Transport Canada, Class 3 Medical is the same as for Private Pilot and almost identical to (American) FAA Class 3 Medical.

Europe’s equivalent to the US FAA is the JAA and oddly under Euro regs a JAR/FCL Class 2 medical is equivalent to a FAA Class 3 medical. I don’t know about Canada.

Info: http://www.euro-pilot.com/class_2_medical_certificate.php

Also, it’s possible to get both from the same physician on same visit providing they’re qualified to issue both. However, you still pay full price for both tickets.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"