godziller

Looking for the the inside scoop on Deland

1. My baby finished grad school.
2. 1 year from very successful back surgery.
3. Been going to the gym 5 days a week.
4. lost 35 pounds.
5. Only have 125 jumps in the last five years.
6. New condo on Daytona Beach
7. Feel 20 years younger, and I am ready to get naked and jump off of something.
8. Am a west coast guy , and know nothing about the "Skydiving Capital of the World"

I am going to blow the dust off a couple of rigs this weekend and go visit my new Home DZ. I have a bunch of Questions.

1.Who wants to do 2 reserve repacks?
2.Who is the the first person I should get to know?
3.When is the "tamdem mill" the slowest
4.Is it ok to have a rig that has no pink on it?
5.What does altitude cost?
6.Does anyone have a list of phone numbers of all the 40+ Sky Goddesses?

Any information would be wonderful. TIA

You can throw a rock in Deland and hit a Rigger! They're everywhere! :ph34r:

Get to know Rusty, he knows everyone.

Deland is far from a tandem mill, but there is a lot of team training. Weekdays are the slowest.

Everyone should have pink of their rig.

Altitude is $23.

You're on your own for the phone numbers, I'm not pimping out my friends! :P

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

:D:D:D I have a pink pullup cord. :)

Still not too late to change your ways, though. A little tough love approach, perhaps. Maybe some intercession therapy.

Personally, I use 550 cord as a pull-up cord. That stuff doesn't come in ribbons and it sure as hell doesn't come in pink.

Still not too late to change your ways, though. A little tough love approach, perhaps. Maybe some intercession therapy.

Personally, I use 550 cord as a pull-up cord. That stuff doesn't come in ribbons and it sure as hell doesn't come in pink.

Oh Really???

How 'slow' are they during the week? I'm planning a vacation during July, and plan on stopping by for a day or two. I'm just trying to figure out if its worth it (in terms of what it's gonna cost me to the wifey...) for a weekend, or if weekday will have to do...

...and I ain't sporting any pink on my shit either. :P

Randomly f'n thingies up since before I was born...

How 'slow' are they during the week? I'm planning a vacation during July, and plan on stopping by for a day or two. I'm just trying to figure out if its worth it (in terms of what it's gonna cost me to the wifey...) for a weekend, or if weekday will have to do...

...and I ain't sporting any pink on my shit either. :P

Slow enough that there are many loads with no tandems on board. Busy enough that even on a day heavy with tandems and team training, you can still get a ton of jumps in with good time management.
Dropzones are terrible places for inspiration. What does one think when one looks up for a sign only to see a bunch of people falling?

Oh Really???

Ok, that scared me.

How 'slow' are they during the week?

Between team training, test jumps, visitors, tandems and some locals, there's usually a pretty good turn around with at least the PAC on weekdays. On weekends in the summer, it doesn't get slow until the late afternoon when people are too wiped out from the humidity to jump anymore.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

On weekends in the summer, it doesn't get slow until the late afternoon when people are too wiped out from the humidity to jump anymore.

Late afternoon? Shit, I've have it by noon:)
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime