ntrprnr

What to do for a bruised tailbone?

No problem. Not my first choice though. Seen to many injuries aggrevated by manipulation partularly in the early acute stage. Chronic injuries perhaps another story. Acute injuries need time to settle.

If it worked for you great. Not all injuries are the same though and I would hesitate to recommend one option for all.

Cheers
---------------------------------------
Everything that happens to you in life is your teacher. The secret is to learn to sit at the feet of your life and be taught.

Time and patience. My wife slipped and fell on her bum on the stairs almost a year ago and had a very peinful tailbone injury. She went to the doctor and he said there wasn't much to be done for it. Almost a year later things are very much better, but it's not over yet. It's been a hard year as she works long hours sitting at a desk. She did find an inflatable donut helpful. But it seems the older you are and/or the harder you strike it, tailbones will go on hurting a long time. Best of luck to you.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Drink Water take Motrin

You'd be suprised how much the simple things like water can help to speed up the healing process.

Though I am not a doctor, this is just what I am told by my doc's all the time.

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

A chiropractor is good at making the adjustments you might need after slamming your tailbone into the ground. I know mine was invaluable after my tailbone landing...which took about 3 months or so before I was comfortable sitting...

just got back from seeing a chiropractor -- boy, what a relief! all the pressure is gone from the entire spine and tail bone, although i was told that the tailbone will be sore for a while. my entire sacrum and hip bones were affected by my stupidity: next time PLF, PLF, PLF!!!

How long before you can sit in a Cessna on the ride upto altitude? I think I broke my tailbone, but I was hoping the winter season of 2 months would be sufficient to get me back jumping in March even with a mild discomfort. But what I am reading here doesnt look very positive. - Stupid me! I deserve this punishment for being lazy!!

What to do for a bruised tailbone?

suffer:Stake the pain>:(

I had a slam session on jump #25 10-14-06, was the day before my birthday and prevented me from jumping the next day(sucked ass):|

valuable lesson learned about turbulance and its effects on a canopy that day.

it was windy wind was comming from behind the hangar, and earlier that day I set up for the same approach, which resulted in a low 90deg. flat turn and a downwind landing, which I pulled off:o couple of jumps later not having learned my lesson properly, same aprroach collapsed my canopy resulting in an extremely hard landing feet,ass,head,bounce,back, etc.. I stood up in shock right after only to collapse back to the gruond, and see everybody running towards me, saying fuck knows what cause I couldnt hear shit my ears were still ringing from impact.

anyway I learned my lesson the hard way!!!!

I made a couple of jumps three weeks later to stay current, then waited another three weeks after that to start jumping again. tailbone still wasnt 100%.
was a shitty couple of months, pain and discomfort was severe, especially while sitting in an automobile, I couldnt drive and ended up laying across the seat while i was driven anywhere. aleve didnt do shit for me.

ibuprofen 800mg every 8hrs or so, and about 10 weeks was my ticket, good luck, tailbone injuries eat shit!!!!

good landings to ya bud!
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

Deep Tissue Oil.
It's an herbal compound you can purchase over the internet or mail order.
Google it.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

Having injured mine twice since July due to skydiving of all things, go figure!, it takes 2-4 weeks for all the pain to go away. Started jumping my second tail bone injury while it still hurt to sit on. Didn't' hurt to stand up or jump.

David

It just takes time. I once rode my Harley from Las Vegas to Helena Mt. with a very bad bruised tailbone. Fell flat on my ass on concrete. That was the worst motorcycle ride I have ever done in my life. Good luck and just be patient.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

Ive broken my tailbone 3 times, and only time allows it to heal.

You have to learn to walk in slow motion for awhile.

Once the day aftert I broke it, my brother and a few guys and I were tresspassing on a private Golf Course...something to do on a Sunday afternoon.

A foursome teed off towards us, and my brother picked up one of their golf balls, and threww it into the woods. Then the guys all took off running....I could hardly walk, so I just stood there waiting for the golfers to get me. That took a minute or so at their fastest running speed.

I gave them some false names, addresses etc, and they asked me why I didnt run like the others. I explained, and I gues they felt sorry for me and let me go....but they sure hated my brother.

Lesson: Don't go on a private Gold course with a broken tailbone.

Bill Cole ( aka chuteless)

Broke mine during the week before thanksgiving. I was hanging up a poster on my wall (of skydiving), and as I jumped down I landed directly on my tailbone on the corner of the desk. You really can't take much worse a hit on it than I did. It still hurts to sit in various positions. I went skydiving a few weeks later, but a lot of you are missing the real advice...

It isn't the parachute opening or the landing that will get you, it's the ride up.

If you've got straddle type benches, you're good. Don't sit quite centered on them and it shouldn't even be an issue.

For side benches, push down on the bench with your arms to keep the pressure off your tailbone. Leaning towards your knees also helps.

For aircraft without benches, sit on the side of your hip. The leg on the ground will be somewhat straight while the other will be more bent than usual. You'll take up some more space than in a normal position, but people can deal with it (unlike the people who will fall into your lap and not even check to see if you're ok with your balls being pancaked).

Here's the most important part, don't shift your weight. The pain will be excruciating if your tailbone is moved the slightest bit. Find a comfortable position and stick to it.

The worst part for me was sleeping in the first month. Prolonged sitting sessions will numb the pain, but you will feel it when you get up.

I never took any painkillers. I figured I would have much less to complain about in the future if I could take the pain immediately after the injury. However, you should do what's most comfortable to you. I just hate being tethered to pills.
Dropzones are terrible places for inspiration. What does one think when one looks up for a sign only to see a bunch of people falling?

Oh....I thought this was one of those threads started by that guy they call the pillow eater, or chewer, or oh yeah, the pillow biter, Ralfers. :S:ph34r:

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama