maxwellman23

Fuck yeah!

The first freefall, even though it will be so short, feels like forever, and so different with no static line to yank on you right away.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

static line shits all over aff bro, enjoy it while it lasts, each level gives you a little more.

If anyone ever tells you static line is 'just' old school (they will), just tell them you don't need trainer wheels;).

Hard school old core!

You have plenty of time to drag a 3 ways out the door, but static line is hard core and not for weaklings!

You are on your own,

Enjoy and welcome to the club.

Be safe, have fun.

:P Rhys

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I had two of those a long time ago, it was kind of trippy....hang off the wing strut then let go, I guess you're doing it that way.

They say, its static line and not total freefall, but hanging off that wing strut makes up for it. Also, on he second one I remember I had a mal, lineover and was going into a slow spin but was able to pull out of it.

Static line is every bit skydiving and is nothing like military jumps...you're still floating out for seven seconds where military jumps pull right away...nothing to it.

I think old school skydiving is pretty cool...kind of like a tradition fading out. Really, if you want to get real old school, make sure you have a pocketknife ready to do a cutaway...used to love reading about how they did it way back during the days of the wingwalkers...

I remember I had a mal, lineover and was going into a slow spin but was able to pull out of it.

You "pulled" out of a line over?

Intersting , please explain.

Well done maxwellman23! I also did static line progression and still think its a bit better than aff.(please nobody flame me lol)

So how'd the second one go??

We put out two loads of S/L students yesterday (only 2 students each load because of weather/runway conditions and because they weren't little dudes:))

Flying the plane with "younger" jumpers is always fun. The combination of fear, anticipation, excitement, nervousness, apprehension, joy and all the other stuff you don't get with the more experienced jumpers is really cool:)

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I would prefer an AFF progression but im learning in Alaska which has only 1 DZ and at anytime 1 AFF instructor. I certainly do enjoy the thrill of literally climbing out onto a wing and hanging until i get the OK from Tom(instructor).
However, freefall is what i want the most.

The 2nd jump was great just like the first...until i realized what the legs straps where doing to the vitals ;)

I am ALIVE!