jumprunner

HELP!!!

I screwed up. Not that it the first time...but partied in TJ when I wasnt supposed to, and now running out of money till payday next Thursday. Not going back to TJ, at least for me, is a big worry, but an even bigger worrry...its beyond that now, running out of money period and need to sell this equipment fast.

AFF students, at Lake Elsinore, if you are looking for some quality initial equipment especially an altimeter, I want to sell mine along with a few other things for a ridiculous rate, please see:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=93901&d=1

Need to sell this fast because I am kind of desperate till next week, hoping to sell it by this weekend. I will drive out to Skydive Elsinore with the stuff the same day you show interest. Not skydiving anymore so Ive been wanting to sell it for some time now.

Thanks...
Chris

Uhhh, no, it wasnt that, I hear a lot about Adelita's but never been there. There is a very popular pharmacy there. Thats where I hang out...the party place...lot of cute girls going through there. Hang out, chase cute girls comming across the border...nothing like it! Then when you get hungry the street vendors sell some of the best tostadas you cant ever get in the US. Friday night is the time for girls, you have all these 18 year olds crossing over so they can drink.

Thats the third world experience, and yea, its real easy to lose track of how much you're spending. I was counting on selling the skydiving equipment which I was going to sell anyway to make up for it....

Went by Elsinore yesterday to try to sell the altimeter, but the entire place was a ghosttown because low level clouds, which is what i was told.

The funny thing though, I kept thinking of what its like to be in a vertical hurricane, getting on the plane, door opening, getting slammed by this wind, looking down 13K...and oh shit! You spend the next minute or so trying to deal with this gigantic surge of adrenaline feeling like you're right on the edge of losing it.

Last time I ever jumped was in 2003 I think...seven years ago. Man you dont forget....I can remember every single jump vividly, like it happened yesterday. Psycologically I dont think I ever dealt to well with it, because I remember I always wanted the plane to take a long time climbing to altitude, the worst part was the door opening. I didnt have enough jumps to ever have really gotten used to it, but then i have to wonder if anyone ever really does.

Door fear disappeared a long time ago, between 50th and 100th jumps. Because of impatience to get to altitude, I actually get more relaxed when the door opens. I do have to mind safety things such as not banging myself on my way out of the door, etc.

What fears me up the most, is the landing even after 600 jumps -- half of skydiving deaths are landings under a perfectly good parachute. Oh, and flying in crowded canopy traffic.

I remember I was like that just one time, the door opened and I was in a hurry to get out.

Oh, well, what happened see, there was this really cute chick on the skydiving team at Eloy who kept smiling at me, she and the rest of her group went out at something like 7K, so I wanted to hurry up and get down.

Then she was up on the next load by the time I touched down...so thats what its like chasing skydiver chicks...you gotta keep going up, down, up, down...up down up down up down up down...

Is that the reason why some of you guys have so many jumps? Even worse than surfer chicks...in out in out as opposed to up down up down...

What fears me up the most, is the landing even after 600 jumps -- half of skydiving deaths are landings under a perfectly good parachute. Oh, and flying in crowded canopy traffic.

I don't worry too much about the landings since I don't swoop and I can put my canopy down in just about any spot. But a canopy collision at a couple of hundred feet is a real danger to me and any one else in this sport.

It's too bad things have gotten like this in our sport. Hardly anyone used to get killed under an open canopy.[:/]

Oh, well, what happened see, there was this really cute chick on the skydiving team at Eloy who kept smiling at me

DUDE! If she smiled at you, you are in! :D It's must be true because you rarely see anyone at a dropzone smile. ;)

We'll talk about this more in study hall or at recess. :P

Ohhh, well, yea you're probably right about that. We are talking about seven years ago though...if I rushed back to Eloy and started skydiving again, dont think she'd be around. I WAS in.

And right now the only thing Im in to is getting through this withdrawl...so far Im winning. Day 4, got up this morning, chills were barely there this time, nose running some but not much. Sometime this week Ill hit somewhere around normal, then got a job interview in my career field next Monday.

BUT NOT BEFORE IM BACK IN TJ THIS FRIDAY!!! YEAHOOO!!!

And right now the only thing Im in to is getting through this withdrawl...so far Im winning. Day 4, got up this morning, chills were barely there this time, nose running some but not much.

Whatcha withdrawing from?:P

Im withdrawling off of alcohol...which is a legal drug.

Im not talking about myself...since I "just say no" to drugs :). But narco users (not necessarily addicts) doing oxycon, morphine based drugs, ect will get a withdrawl on and off during their use of the drug. Most people think its like the movies, where you're shaking...thats really what is called the "chills" and you would feel cold and tired like you are unable to stay awake, even after drinking a pot of coffee.

Even after skydiving...that wont help either..not that you would want to. There are minor and major withdrawls, the major is the part that needle users go through...which can be so bad, that some people have been known to commit suicide to avoid it again.

Its just like skydiving...its dangerous and can cost you your life if you dont watch what you're doing. Then I see those who do watch what they're doing...10 years into the sport, thousands of jumps, those who dont, either out of the sport or .....

You get the point.

And right now the only thing Im in to is getting through this withdrawl...so far Im winning. Day 4, got up this morning, chills were barely there this time, nose running some but not much.

Whatcha withdrawing from?:P

Reality

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Anyone reading this be advised...I have seen posts on this and other forums about marijuana and sometimes other drugs.

If you are going to post something on a forum about drugs, do so talking about "someone you heard of but dont really know", not about yourself or about anyone you know (ie, like a friend). Saying something about yourself is called "incriminating yourself". Saying something about a friend (someone you know and have contact with) makes you an accomplice.

There are these people, called "cops", who earn their paycheck by busting people who do illegal drugs, so they are always looking. Its how they put food on the table....its their job.

Also, you need to realize that drugs (including alcohol) have caused so many problems in this society, the world is just fed up.

Sure, there are those who use drugs responsibly and control their habit, but there are many more of those who dont, and those are the ones who bring the law down on everyone. Needle users are a good example of what Im talking about...like anyone doing that is just begging for trouble. Drugs in the schools...there's another one.

As for those that are responsible enough to stay out of trouble, dont do anything to place yourself into the same category as those who are always getting in trouble.

Keep in mind, they dont know you from anyone else.

Is that the reason why some of you guys have so many jumps? Even worse than surfer chicks...in out in out as opposed to up down up down...

Uhh, we like jumping, maybe?:S:P:D

I guess if I were more inclined towards it Id be doing it habitually. I just dont know how some of you guys can afford it...damn expensive sport.

Especially now, when hardly anyone is able to hold down a job...then I keep hearing of all these crowded dropzones and people going through AFF...what are they doing robbing banks?

Whatever it is let me in on it

Im withdrawling off of alcohol...which is a legal drug.

I wish you well in your battle with your demons. It's sounds like you're planning another TJ run though? That's not a great way to sober up, is it?

Think...."metaphor". Nope not a great way, but guess what? Wasnt planning on it. No demons here, there is a price to pay and as long as you dont mind the price...its worth it.

So there are some chills, you get tired and feel worn out for a few days, then after three or four days you break out of it on a tolerance drop.

Its like skydiving, just like skydiving...cause you always gotta know what you're doing. And you dont jump without a parachute...always a good idea to have a parachute when you jump. Otherwise, you're pretty likely to take a fall.

Thats pretty metaphoric Ill have to remember that.

So there are some chills, you get tired and feel worn out for a few days, then after three or four days you break out of it on a tolerance drop.

Its like skydiving, just like skydiving...

I want to say, that may be like your skydiving, but not like mine, and many else's.

Changing the subject back to the original subject:

Price Reduction:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=93983;d=1

There is another Altimaster V being sold for $50, Ive reduced my price from 70 dollars to 50 dollars for the Altimaster V + the Skydiving Gear Bag + the Skydiving Goggles + the Skydiving Handbook

Can take PayPal transactions, shipping not included in price.

This equipment is being sold for pennies on the dollar..I remember when I bought the gear bag, paid 36 dollars for it on EBay and is still in the same new condition. Dont remember what I spent for the goggles...they are not anywhere near as bulky as normal skydiving goggles and have less chance of blowing off your face.

This is a good deal...lets get some takers going here.