jumprunner

Never Really Seems to Quit....

You know I havent jumped or been invloved with skydiving for the last seven years...the big breakoff came in in 2004 when I was laid off, went broke...actually I remember when that was being reflected on this forum and then that was it. I was in SD, out of work, going thru some real hell, a year later getting a job back in my career field, in San Diego.

These days I live in OC, got a job interview Teus, gonna get things back together.

I came back to the forum because I am trying to sell my skydiving equipment, then found myself going through old posts from 2003...all the shit I was learning, all the shit that started comming back when I went to Elsinore to try to sell the stuff.

Seems that I havent totally broken free from it, but I really need to. This isnt a sport I can afford anyway.

This is a cool sport though, I learned a lot during those times, and I would be lying through my teeth if I said I wasnt going to miss the living shit out of it. If I keep messing around with this forum, the interest comes back, one thing leads to another...well my equipment is being sold so there that is...the final step to being done with it forever. Its just not something I can be involved with and Im afraid of bringing up the past.

I mean it would almost be like moving back to AZ...God I wouldnt want that! Its why I started skydiving back in 02, I was into surfing but...six hour drives to SD or LA...couldnt do that all the time and hard to do just on weekends...I took up skydiving and got real interested in it...I guess it cushioned the blow of living in AZ and being a surfer.

Thats really fucked up, so glad I found this when I did. Since the first part of 04 I left the arena....

since then, I have been in the martial arts, out surfing in spots like Strands, T Street, Laguna Beach Pearl St, extreme balance training, skateboarding as more balance training where Ive been skating 2-3 miles along Aliso park walkway, then for the first time, DROPPED IN at the Laguna Hills skate park. Did that several times.

Its funny, but my weight has pulled back to 150 pounds, making me super fit for shortboarding, hope to be back out in the water this summer around July.

Skydiving was cool, really cool, and damn sure as hell memorable to say the very least. Funny how all of these years went by and Im still missing it...never thought that would happen.

hmmmm, sounds a lot like my story, only I refuse to give up on skydiving, I've now moved away from SD to a more affordable place and have cut alllll the corners I can, and I am still staying current even though I have to drive 4 hours to the nearest dz!!!! good luck with everything!!:)

"A man only gets in life what he is believing for, nothing more and nothing less" Kenneth Hagen

Yeah, and the more jumps you make the more you never really seem to quit. My last skydive was about 1985; I never consciously quit but I did move on down the road to the next adventure. I am comfortable with my skydiving career as is, but I didn’t really seem to quit. Good luck down the line...

You know I havent jumped or been invloved with skydiving for the last seven years...the big breakoff came in in 2004 when I was laid off, went broke...actually I remember when that was being reflected on this forum and then that was it. I was in SD, out of work, going thru some real hell, a year later getting a job back in my career field, in San Diego.

These days I live in OC, got a job interview Teus, gonna get things back together.

I came back to the forum because I am trying to sell my skydiving equipment, then found myself going through old posts from 2003...all the shit I was learning, all the shit that started comming back when I went to Elsinore to try to sell the stuff.

Seems that I havent totally broken free from it, but I really need to. This isnt a sport I can afford anyway.

This is a cool sport though, I learned a lot during those times, and I would be lying through my teeth if I said I wasnt going to miss the living shit out of it. If I keep messing around with this forum, the interest comes back, one thing leads to another...well my equipment is being sold so there that is...the final step to being done with it forever. Its just not something I can be involved with and Im afraid of bringing up the past.

I mean it would almost be like moving back to AZ...God I wouldnt want that! Its why I started skydiving back in 02, I was into surfing but...six hour drives to SD or LA...couldnt do that all the time and hard to do just on weekends...I took up skydiving and got real interested in it...I guess it cushioned the blow of living in AZ and being a surfer.

Thats really fucked up, so glad I found this when I did. Since the first part of 04 I left the arena....

since then, I have been in the martial arts, out surfing in spots like Strands, T Street, Laguna Beach Pearl St, extreme balance training, skateboarding as more balance training where Ive been skating 2-3 miles along Aliso park walkway, then for the first time, DROPPED IN at the Laguna Hills skate park. Did that several times.

Its funny, but my weight has pulled back to 150 pounds, making me super fit for shortboarding, hope to be back out in the water this summer around July.

Skydiving was cool, really cool, and damn sure as hell memorable to say the very least. Funny how all of these years went by and Im still missing it...never thought that would happen.

I'm kind of going through that now too. Every time I tell myself I should not be jumping so much and tend to other aspects of my life that I enjoyed before I started skydiving, I end up going back to the DZ. I just can't stay away. I would say financial reasons would be the only reason why I would stop, as you say. But as with anything I feel like anything you truly love to do you'll find a way to do it...

I'm kind of going through that now too. Every time I tell myself I should not be jumping so much and tend to other aspects of my life that I enjoyed before I started skydiving, I end up going back to the DZ. I just can't stay away. I would say financial reasons would be the only reason why I would stop, as you say. But as with anything I feel like anything you truly love to do you'll find a way to do it...

Like see if the dz needs a part time manifest, loader/ladder grabber, packer... I havnt paid for a jump at my dz in a while, I just pack
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message