Jaymyster

Which wingsuit IS actually best for flight time?

Now, i haven't even been actually skydiving to be honest. I plan on going skydiving very soon to be honest, if i end up getting serious about skydiving, i'll most likely end up getting a wingsuit. I mean just like everyone else, i want to experience flight more than anything.

From what i have researched, i have narrowed it down to two wingsuits that in my opinion should have the most flight time.

The Phoenix fly- Stealth 2 http://www.phoenix-fly.com/products/wingsuit_stealth2.htm

And the Bird man- Tengu http://www.gorilla-worx.com/BirdmanTENGU-2010-DESCRIPTION.html

In my opinion, i would have to say that the stealth 2 would put up more flight time by far, but your opinions are much appreciated! (That includes other wingsuits you think would have more flight time as well!!!)

Seperately

I would also like to get your opinions on what i should do in terms of what wingsuit to buy first, now, considering my aim is flight time, using this link http://www.phoenix-fly.com/articles%20stvari/wingsuit_selector.pdf it would be best to buy a phantom 2 first, until i've become experienced enough for a stealth 2. I would just like to know if it would be best to do that or if this whole entire waiting period for experience to move up in wingsuit is just a waste of money. I'm aware that a wingsuit requires some experience and practice, but is it to the degree listed on the link above? (minimum of 75 jumps for stealth 2)

For you guys to understand my situation a little better, here is the link for the price of all the wingsuits on the site, so you can tell if it's worth the second spending for another wingsuit or not.(in dollars) http://www.phoenix-fly.com/pricelist.htm

I'm aware that a wingsuit requires some experience and practice, but is it to the degree listed on the link above? (minimum of 75 jumps for stealth 2)

Minimum of 75 WINGSUIT JUMPS prior to jumping a Stealth2, not regular jumps.

Stealth2 and X-BIRD would probably be the 2 suits with the longest flight time (but that doesn't necessarily equate to biggest distance covered).

All the wingsuit gurus will tell you more anyway, I'm just saying what I have learned so far..

But anyway, focus on regular skydiving for now and see at least if you wanna do it at all.. It will take shit loads of time, money and preparation to jump a wingsuit and it won't come fast (unless you wanna fuck up and die)..
"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

You need to have at least a minimum of 200 jumps before anyone will even consider putting you in a wingsuit........and who is to say that you would even be ready by then. Take it slow and if you are serious about skydiving, go sign up to do a tandem. If you love that (which you should), go sign up for AFF. Skydiving is not a race to see who can accomplish the most in the shortest amount of time......that will usually resort in a game of bounce bingo. So take your time and enjoy skydiving.
Speedracer~I predict that Michael Jackson will rise from the dead.
And that a giant radioactive duck will emerge from the ocean and eat Baltimore.

I will take all of your advice as for when I should be putting myself in a wingsuit, I strongly have faith in all of your experience.

But for the sake of curiosity, let's say someone had the experience to start using a wingsuit already. Would it be worth the money for them to spend money on two wingsuits throughout the course of their skydiving time period? One to start to get the hang of it (phantom) and finally one to use when you are fully experienced (stealth).

There will be better wingsuits made by the time you're ready to switch from your "beginner" suit to your "expert Stealth2" suit..

So no point buying two at the same time.
"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

I will take all of your advice as for when I should be putting myself in a wingsuit, I strongly have faith in all of your experience.

But for the sake of curiosity, let's say someone had the experience to start using a wingsuit already. Would it be worth the money for them to spend money on two wingsuits throughout the course of their skydiving time period? One to start to get the hang of it (phantom) and finally one to use when you are fully experienced (stealth).

Yes.

Just like canopies, you will do far better with one appropriate for your current skill level, pushing it to it's limits than using one so far above your skills that you can't even approach it's limits.

And just like canopies, if you take good care of it it will retain a good bit of it's value when you sell it to upgrade.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Regardless of the goal, there is a progression in all things.
Your question is akin to asking "If I want to become a race car driver but have no license, which Formula One car should I buy before I start driving my Kia?

Even if today were your first skydive, you're at least several months away from your first wingsuit skydive. You'll start wingsuiting in a small "Kia" and after a lot of trips around the city and freeway, you'll be ready to start driving on the track in a Formula One car. The knowledge acquired while you're driving the Kia will help you figure out which Formula One car you'll want to race when the time comes.

Focus on learning to skydive first. Everything else will begin to fall into place as your knowledge, skill, and experience increases.

I would just like to know if it would be best to do that or if this whole entire waiting period for experience to move up in wingsuit is just a waste of money. I'm aware that a wingsuit requires some experience and practice, but is it to the degree listed on the link above? (minimum of 75 jumps for stealth 2)

It's not a waiting period, it is a LEARNING period. Wingsuits give you a whole lot of additional ways to kill yourself than a regular skydive.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

You need to have at least a minimum of 200 jumps before anyone will even consider putting you in a wingsuit........and who is to say that you would even be ready by then. Take it slow and if you are serious about skydiving, go sign up to do a tandem. If you love that (which you should), go sign up for AFF. Skydiving is not a race to see who can accomplish the most in the shortest amount of time......that will usually resort in a game of bounce bingo. So take your time and enjoy skydiving.

As the above states, you'll need at least 200 jumps before you can jump a wingsuit. To get get there it will cost you at least $8 000 (and probably a lot more)

A license - first 25 or so jumps ($2000 - $ 4000).
Gear ($2000 - $ 8500).
Additional 175 Jumps after A license ($4000 - $$$).

Like everybody is saying stop worrying about which wingsuit is best. If you want to get there worry about getting qualified to jump a wingsuit. By the time you are there you'll have a better idea of what the answer is.

Get $200 bucks and go do a tandem. If you like it keep going.

Two? Why only two? Wingsuit design is constantly evolving - are you not planning on skydiving for very long?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Would it be worth the money for them to spend money on two wingsuits throughout the course of their skydiving time period?

As previously mentioned, you'll need to shell out about $15,000 to get a license, a basic rig, and the 200 jumps you need to start wingsuiting, and that's a conservative estimate. If you do actaully start jumping and make it that far, the number will most likely be up over $20k.

Seeing as you haven't even bought a $3 pair of goggles yet, maybe planning out your spending strategy on wingsuit purchases is a little premature, eh?

How about you make one jump, and see if you even like it before we get too far into your wingsuit needs and wants.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

;)

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda