Smallie

Should I be scared???

Hi There,

I have never done skydiving, but I have this huge urge to do so. I cannot get it out of my mind. I can almost feel it already.

Now i get the thought that i might not come back. is this normal or am i not the skydiving type. should i look for something else to do or is it normal to be scared.

Hi There,

I have never done skydiving, but I have this huge urge to do so. I cannot get it out of my mind. I can almost feel it already.

Now i get the thought that i might not come back. is this normal or am i not the skydiving type. should i look for something else to do or is it normal to be scared.

Don't worry, if anything happens... I'll be fine. ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

There's probably something wrong with anyone who wasn't at least a bit scared on their first jump.

There's something wrong with me.

Admitting you have a problem is the first step of recovery! :P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

There's probably something wrong with anyone who wasn't at least a bit scared on their first jump.

I never admit my problems for that reason. Who wants to recover from this? :P

ExPeCt ThE uNeXpEcTeD!
DoNt MiNd ThE tYpOs, Im LaZy On CoRrEcTiOnS!

Only 11 steps to go!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

They used to tell me, if you get nervous, instead of looking at the ground, look at the sky, I remember I tried that and it worked! There's something about looking at the sky that has this calming effect. This shit was so mental...some people can handle it just fine and others not at all, but I think the key is to try not to look at it as a negative situation.

I think one thing skydiving taught me is that whether something is good or bad all depends on how you see it, and that most problems you have in life are really just in your head. If you can control that I dont think you'll have any problem jumping.

Im not really one to give advice on skydiving, I jumped a few times and not doing it now and probably wont again...and I was able to bail out of blaming myself for not facing it because financially, I couldnt afford to continue doing it. If I could right now, I still wouldnt. But I had a few jumps in the past and I was where you are right now at one time...maybe you'll handle it better than I did and you may end up like many of these others with 500-1000 jumps.

If not, dont blame youself, after all you went through the process, jumped, and its something you'll never forget about. As for me, well, Id kind of like to forget about it but never have been able to. It really just wasnt my sport but glad I tried it anyway.

>There's something wrong with me.

What method did you employ for your first jump? Static line, AFF or tandem?

Gotta admit - my first jump was SL and I remember only being scared by sitting in the Cessna by the open door. Once I got the go ahead to climb out, I felt MUCH better. The deployment and the T-10 ride was rather mellow by comparison. Now, a NON-deployment would have been a bit more stressful.
Every fight is a food fight if you're a cannibal

Goodness is something to be chosen. When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man. - Anthony Burgess