Jame58rown

Consol jumps at different DZ?

Hi,
If everything goes to plan, I will be going to Empuriabrava to do my AFF course. However, I will only be there for 10 days. If the weather is good and I dont mess up too much then (correct me if i'm wrong :P) I should be able to get my consolidation jumps and all my levels within that 10 day period (weather permitting)

If the weather doesn't 'play ball' so to speak, will I be able to get the consolidation jumps at a different DZ (here in the UK)?

I've got to go because the instructor is offering me a whole aff course for 1000 euros (because my dad used to jump with the instructor and they are good friends :)
Thanks in advance :)
James

Your best bet is to call the DZ you plan to do your consols at and ask them. But in my limited experience (and it is limited), provided you have all of your paperwork up to date, including a fully signed log book, medical forms and BPA membership, you shouldn't have any major problems. You might expect to do a review of your EPs and maybe get followed out by an instructor for the first jump if they don't like the cut of your jib. The cut of your jib will be much improved by giving correct and timely answers to the instructors when asked about your training or failing that, by the ritual offering of beer at the end of the day. Play safe.

With everything well documented and some video in addition, you should have no problem. I did my AFF in Cape Town, South Africa then returned to the UK and did my consols at a mix of Weston, Hinton & Black Knights.

Good pick with Empuriabrava; excellent drop zone and people.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"