Makarius

is this normal?

i am about to make my release jump, and im extremely nervous. Its not the release that makes me nervous infact im sure i will do just fine. I just get more and more nervous everytime i jump, is it normal to get more freaked out the more jumps you do?

I was quite nervous for my first 10 jumps. But once you progress and learn that you can do it the nerves will ease. That nervous excitement will never go away completely, and it shouldn't. That's what keep you aware and alive. Kepp jumping and keep smiling :)

growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

I was horrified the first 10 jumps....I kept thinking this better get less scary or I am done! It did....don't worry it will get better. Then worse, then better...and so on...at least that has been my pattern. Right now my big fear is blowing the exit shot.....;)

"Tell ya the truth, I don't think this is a brains kind of operation."

The nerves really didn't subside for me until I was done with AFF. When I was done and had a few good, stable jumps under my belt, and my body was trained to the sensations, I don't have any problems doing a swan dive out the back anymore. Granted, I'm only 12 jumps in, but I'm now having fun when I'm not worried about failing an AFF level. Keep jumping, the fear will go away very soon.

Yup, I'll agree that I found the AFF jumps hard because of the mixture of fear of failing the level and fear of jumping out of a plane. It got much better once that was done and the few jumps I have made since getting my A have been the best.

I'll second the gear fear part. The more you know the better you feel. Learn to pack ASAP and spend as much time on it and learning about the rig and canopy.

Did all of my AFF in two days, didn't really have time to get nervous or scared... Jumps 9-15 or so though were terrifying. First jump of the day was always the worst, until i exited that is and all the worries went away... 60 seconds of the most fun a person can have!!!