jump2live

DZ Review and Advice Appreciated! Taft Skydive

Hi,

I was curious if anybody had anything good or bad to say about Taft Skydive in CA?

I am thinking about going there to do my AFF and A license near the middle of July.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. I'm very interested to hear what you have to say about this facility. Especially if you have recently done your AFF there, camped on the property, or maybe even work there.

Thank you for your time and input!

See, and I was gonna be snarky and say, "The people who jump there will say it's the best DZ on the planet; while the guy who works at a competing DZ will say the planes are all death traps, the culture is unsafe, the DZO is an axe murderer and the beer is always flat." I suppose your way is more direct.

Hi kmills,

Thank you for the message.

I did check those out but most of the reviews were from several years ago. I was hoping to get someone who had been there sometime more recently that could share some info on the size and popularity of the camping area.

I know there web-site says they are dog friendly as long as it's on a leash, and that they have a specific area for them to play, but I would need to have somewhere shaded to keep my dog while I learned to jump.

I e-mailed them but haven't heard back yet, and thought maybe someone on here would be able to tell me through personal experience with taking a dog there and camping!

.... I know there web-site says they are dog friendly as long as it's on a leash, and that they have a specific area for them to play, but I would need to have somewhere shaded to keep my dog while I learned to jump....

The website appears to show a picture of said "Pet and Play area"

http://www.skydivetaft.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=38&Itemid=100

Looks to be shaded :)
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy