billvon

Congratulations Aussies

>How many NON Aussies were on it?

On the last one, ~23 out of 112. 25 out of 115 if you include the video team.

so more than 20% of the "Australian" Record was NON Australian...NAH that's Bullshit:|

SO now they can lose an Aussie, add another 6 Americans and still break their own Aussie record.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

so more than 20% of the "Australian" Record was NON Australian...NAH that's Bullshit:|

yea i think they should take the record away from them.....you should call everybody on the record you know and tell them they dont deserve it! Hell lets start a letter campaign to put an end to this non sense....:S
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

yea i think they should take the record away from them.....you should call everybody on the record you know and tell them they dont deserve it! Hell lets start a letter campaign to put an end to this non sense....:S

Try not being a tool in the non bonfire forums JD.

The fact that more than 20% of a so call National record is comprised of NON Nationals to me and others is Daft.

You dont walk into any international event as a Nation with 20% of your competitors carrying some other Nations Passport.

On a world stage to call it a NATIONAL record it would strike me as required that those participants were all at least from said NATION

Now having said that if we take out ALL the non aussies we still would have broken the exsisting national record.
But this event has always been planned as 100+ ways. Everyone on there did oustanding jobs and i am not trying take take anything at all away from their skill set.
I'm merely addressing the Title of the event.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Try not being a tool in the non bonfire forums JD.

The fact that more than 20% of a so call National record is comprised of NON Nationals to me and others is Daft.

You dont walk into any international event as a Nation with 20% of your competitors carrying some other Nations Passport.

On a world stage to call it a NATIONAL record it would strike me as required that those participants were all at least from said NATION

Now having said that if we take out ALL the non aussies we still would have broken the exsisting national record.
But this event has always been planned as 100+ ways. Everyone on there did oustanding jobs and i am not trying take take anything at all away from their skill set.
I'm merely addressing the Title of the event.

Well, the Texas State Record (150) had all comers in it, but it WAS done in Texas. Ditto for Illinois (246).

And the German national record was set in Arizona, but it was ALL Germans.

Having a national record that is BOTH not in the country, AND not comprised of all that country's nationals seems to be pushing the definition.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Well, the Texas State Record (150) had all comers in it, but it WAS done in Texas. Ditto for Illinois (246).

And the German national record was set in Arizona, but it was ALL Germans.

Having a national record that is BOTH not in the country, AND not comprised of all that country's nationals seems to be pushing the definition.

Holding a record attempt outside of ones nation i have little issue with, logistically some countries (like OZ) just dont have the available lift cxapacity to conduct an event of this scale. so the place to me is far less important than the participants.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

how about you step up to the plate then!

I wanted to be on it, but traveling for 365 days last year to 25 countries and 135 cities, seeing the 7 wonders of the modern world, visiting friends around the globe, having a white Christmas, Rock climbing in Chamonix, Overlanding through Africa, walking on the Great Wall of China and a couple of other things, kinda put the brakes on my disposable income for 2010;):ph34r:
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

how about you step up to the plate then!

I wanted to be on it, but traveling for 365 days last year to 25 countries and 135 cities, seeing the 7 wonders of the modern world, visiting friends around the globe, having a white Christmas, Rock climbing in Chamonix, Overlanding through Africa, walking on the Great Wall of China and a couple of other things, kinda put the brakes on my disposable income for 2010;):ph34r:

Geez, get a life! ;)

I wanted to be on it....

That is your priority, but don't try to take away from those that made the effort to do so.

The vast majority were Australians and it is obviously within the rules and is a bonafide Australian record but it seems you are more content telling them all that it is not.

My wife is a kiwi, but she is also an Australian resident, Australian company owner... she was on it but would have been marked down as a non Australian.

Bill is not, neither is Kate or Tony or a handful of others but it is in the rules that they were allowed to be.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

The Australian Record for the biggest formation in Australia is 81.

The World Record for the biggest number of Australian in Freefall is something different alltogether.

The limiting factors of the infrastructure (available aircraft and resources) is what makes the record pertainent to that particular country.

In Australia, skydiving records (and most other sporting records) were historically exclusive to geographic location and separately defined in most sporting codes this way . I remember the AUSTRALIAN 50-WAY (way back).

The rules were changed in the APF not that long ago to allow an Australian record to be held on other than Australian soil. A ridiculous outcome to many onlookers.

Should the biggest pumpkin grown in the world be classed as an Australian Record even though it was grown in the US (by an Aussie) using US science, soil, resources, technology, water, sunlight, etc ??

There is no ambiguity about the fact that the biggest fomation in Australia is 81.

g.
"Altitude is birthright to any individual who seeks it"

There is no ambiguity about the fact that the biggest fomation in Australia is 81.

that may be true when you put the words 'in australia' in the sentence and you obviously oppsoe the rule.

but it is the australian record, it is the rules and they made it.

Once again I ask you, if an Australian does the fastest 100m sprint at the Olympic games that any Australian has ever done, in say... Athens, then would that not be the Australian record?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

that may be true when you put the words 'in australia' in the sentence and you obviously oppsoe the rule.

but it is the australian record, it is the rules and they made it.

Once again I ask you, if an Australian does the fastest 100m sprint at the Olympic games that any Australian has ever done, in say... Athens, then would that not be the Australian record?

Yes it would but if 25% of the relay team was not from Australia they would NOT be competing as an Australian team
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Congratulations to all involved - great effort.

Given the discussion here and seeing the Sydney Morning Heralds headline 'Australasia 1, Slovakia 0' its time to rename this the "Australasian Record". That increases the percentage to 92%.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein

Given the discussion here and seeing the Sydney Morning Heralds headline 'Australasia 1, Slovakia 0' its time to rename this the "Australasian Record". That increases the percentage to 92%.

:D:D:D

I heard about that!!!

hahahaha!

Congratulations to all involved - great effort.

Bloody oath!

so more than 20% of the "Australian" Record was NON Australian...NAH that's Bullshit

Perhaps you should express that opinion to the APF and suggest changes to the APF Sporting Code. I'm not sure when the 75% rule was added or what the most recent edits actually were. The most current version is from 2009.

I was under the impression that there were non-Aussies on the previous 81-way record, so maybe the 75% rule was an old rule from when records had to be completed within Oz and the most recent changes to the rules for national records simply added the rule stating that they may be done anywhere in the world but didn't change any of the other rules, but I'm just guessing. I'm not sure who would have access to historical version of the APF Sporting Code. The current version is available online.

I would have liked to have seen a totally Aussie formation - it would have given some more legitimacy to the result given that it wasn't being done in Australia, but what was done was legal within the current sporting code and also the largest formation likely to be done with the group and planes available.