billvon

Congratulations Aussies

We did a 105 way Australian national record this morning on the first junp, then went back up and did a (I think) 110 way record. Congratulations to all the Australians who traveled all the way to Perris to first train and then get their new national record.

We did a 105 way Australian national record this morning .

Congratulations, but did you change nationality?

there is an minimum percentage required for Nationals to be called a record, the rest of the slots can be filled by SCABS looking for glory.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Message from my wife;

We had a great day. First jump 105 record, second jump 109 record, third jump 112 record. Three records in three jumps. It doesn't get much better.

All good eh!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

That hardly seems right.

My thinking too.
One or two EXPERT Organisers like Kate and DanBC would be acceptable, but no one else.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

My thinking too.
One or two EXPERT Organisers like Kate and DanBC would be acceptable, but no one else

The minimum is 75% as far as I know, that is a vast majority. A few kiwis were involved too so that allows countrymen/women from smaller countries to participate in such activities also.

What seems more odd to me is the record is held in a different country, but in saying that, there are not too many twin otters in Aussie, there's a sky van and a few caravans and XL's but not really enough to do a 100way.

But hey, they got the record, it will be bonafide and they had fun doing it.;)

The skills these people learned will be taken back to their home country and shared among the skydiving community. So at the end of the day, skydiving wins!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

there is an minimum percentage required for Nationals to be called a record, the rest of the slots can be filled by SCABS looking for glory.

So it doesn't have to be all Aussies, and doesn't have to be done in Oz. OK! Wierd, but OK.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

My thinking too.
One or two EXPERT Organisers like Kate and DanBC would be acceptable, but no one else

The minimum is 75% as far as I know, that is a vast majority. A few kiwis were involved too so that allows countrymen/women from smaller countries to participate in such activities also.

What seems more odd to me is the record is held in a different country, but in saying that, there are not too many twin otters in Aussie, there's a sky van and a few caravans and XL's but not really enough to do a 100way.

The skills these people learned will be taken back to their home country and shared among the skydiving community. So at the end of the day, skydiving wins!

All of that is true and all the aussies did a stirling job in their own rights.
However for all jumpers, there are loads of other oportunites for people to get big way experience, particularly at Perris.

But i still think an AUSTRALIAN RECORD should be all Australian.
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

My thinking too.

All of that is true and all the aussies did a stirling job in their own rights.
However for all jumpers, there are loads of other oportunites for people to get big way experience, particularly at Perris.

But i still think an AUSTRALIAN RECORD should be all Australian.

It opens the way to a scenario like

75 people from XXXX set a national record

73 people from XXXX and 4 from YYYY beat it

70 people from XXXX and 10 from ZZZZ beat that.

etc.

(XXXX = Fourecks, for those with a literary bent)

So, I'm curious now...

How many men are allowed on women's records?
How many young bucks allowed on POPS records?
How many straights were allowed on mdrejhon's rainbow record?

Nothing against the Aussies, but is this a common practice?

So, I'm curious now...

How many men are allowed on women's records?
How many young bucks allowed on POPS records?
How many straights were allowed on mdrejhon's rainbow record?

Nothing against the Aussies, but is this a common practice?

I dont know if it's specific to our nations records, I would have thought it was under FAI guidelines. Which affiliated Member groups must adhere to?
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

>But i still think an AUSTRALIAN RECORD should be all Australian.

OK. But it's their record and their rules, and I was happy to be able to be a part of it. (Same goes for the 82-way Arizona state record and the two years we did the Nevada state record in Laughlin.)

>But i still think an AUSTRALIAN RECORD should be all Australian.

OK. But it's their record and their rules, and I was happy to be able to be a part of it. (Same goes for the 82-way Arizona state record and the two years we did the Nevada state record in Laughlin.)

How many NON Aussies were on it?

I know many many of the people on the jumps, and i am proud of each and every one of them and their efforts.

But my nations record is held in the USA with more than a fewe NON Aussie jumpers on it.:|

I am aware of the logistics of why Perris was chosen, but in my mind an Aussie Record should be made by Australians, not Australians and tagalongs
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I would have thought it was under FAI guidelines. Which affiliated Member groups must adhere to?

Just to muddy the waters a little more, the FAI guidelines about nationality are weird too, at least for competition.

For example, I live in the UK but spent (most of) my first 24 years in Australia, crave Vegemite in supermarkets, and have an Australian passport, not a British one. For competition purposes (and reasons) though I'm ineligible to compete for Australia in FAI meets until October 2011.

Would you say I shouldn't have been on the Aussie record, assuming for a moment I got into bigway in a big way and had been in Perris at the time? I'd have been pretty upset to find out I wasn't allowed.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

I would have thought it was under FAI guidelines. Which affiliated Member groups must adhere to?

Just to muddy the waters a little more, the FAI guidelines about nationality are weird too, at least for competition.

For example, I live in the UK but spent (most of) my first 24 years in Australia, crave Vegemite in supermarkets, and have an Australian passport, not a British one. For competition purposes (and reasons) though I'm ineligible to compete for Australia in FAI meets until October 2011.

Would you say I shouldn't have been on the Aussie record, assuming for a moment I got into bigway in a big way and had been in Perris at the time? I'd have been pretty upset to find out I wasn't allowed.

Aussie passport Aussie jumping (IMO), but obviously i don’t make the rules,:ph34r:
If i did Bill et al. would never have been allowed on the jump.
I dont care if there were insufficient numbers to make an ALL Aussie 100 way. the Chant is AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE, NOT AUSSIE YANK AUSSIE:|
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Congratulations. A US record of the most Australians in f/fall formation in the US.

The record for the biggest formation in freefall in Australia is 81 jumpers and was achieved on 21st October 1999 in Corowa.

This is the biggest formation ever to be formed in Australia. It is an Australian record.

The record stands in Australia as 81.

g.
"Altitude is birthright to any individual who seeks it"

Congratulations. A US record of the most Australians in f/fall formation in the US.

The record for the biggest formation in freefall in Australia is 81 jumpers and was achieved on 21st October 1999 in Corowa.

This is the biggest formation ever to be formed in Australia. It is an Australian record.

g.

so you are saying the infrastructure of a country determines the skill?

or

If an Australian competes at the olympic games in another country, and breaks a world record, that would not be an Australian record also?

Is it not the nationality of the person/people, not where the performance takes place.

g.

so you are saying the infrastructure of a country determines the skill?

or

If an Australian competes at the olympic games in another country, and breaks a world record, that would not be an Australian record also?

Is it not the nationality of the person/people, not where the performance takes place.

Well, when we set a STATE skydiving record in the USA, it has to be done in that state according to USPA.

Britain has a number of record categories - for example, in track and field:

What Records Are

An athletic performance can only be called a Record if it complies with and is ratified as having complied with the rules stipulated by the body under whose aegis the sport is organised and the competition is held. For athletics (Track & Field) in Great Britain there are two such bodies, the Amateur Athletic Association (AAA) and the British Amateur Athletic Board (BAAB). The former are responsible for domestic competition and the latter for international competition and participation in major games, such as the Olympics. Over time, the requirements and definitions of the records have changed and there have been a number of different "British Records" which can be summarised as follows:

United Kingdom (All-Comers') Record

Instituted by the British Amateur Athletic Board in 1960 for performances made in the United Kingdom, by athletes from anywhere in the world.

United Kingdom (National) Records

Instituted by the British Amateur Athletic Board in 1960 for performances made anywhere in the world by athletes eligible to represent the United Kingdom in international competition.

English Native Records

Instituted by the Amateur Athletic Association in 1928 for performances made in England or Wales by athletes born in England or Wales. Superseded in 1960 by AAA National Records.

sky have no boundaries so I really don't see problem with jumping somewhere other than Australia for Aussie record.

However non-aussie shouldn't have been record attempt all......
Personally, I think even the team captians who is NOT an aussie should stayed on the ground.

I declare shenanigan!!!!

and IT IS all about jumper's nationality.
thus aussie record.
not attempt at 1/4 world record.

and one more thing to add
current world record for the wingsuit is 71 way @08
not 60 something way that was done in 09
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

>How many NON Aussies were on it?

On the last one, ~23 out of 112. 25 out of 115 if you include the video team.

so more than 20% of the "Australian" Record was NON Australian...NAH that's Bullshit:|
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?