skrovi

Halo/Scuba Pic.

This is pic I found somewhere on the web. Just figured I'll share it with other skydiving enthusiasts.

For the record: This is not my pic., I don;t know anyone in that pic. either, neither do I have any more information about it.
Just think its a great shot of this Spec. Ops guy jumping out on the water with Scuba gear on.

Can anyone shed more light on this pic., would appreciate any info. Its possible that some folks in this forum have done this kind of jump. like the gear, what do they carry., what is he trying to do there, etc. I also see a dual parachute deployed there.......

if that's his gear, he better track to close in because, it already looks like it quite a ways away from him

That's what Ram Air steerable parachutes are for ;)

That's a pretty cool shot!
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

That picture is actually of US Air Force Pararescuemen (PJ's) It was during a RAMZ jump in FL a while back. The ruck he has contains his med equipment.

After jumping with a few PJs, I'll just say they are good at many things, very bad ass in fact. For most PJs I've met, tracking is not one of those things:D
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Do you think he is suppose to land close to the smoke in the water? How high do you think that is? All the water makes it kindof hard to tell.
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, th

Do you think he is suppose to land close to the smoke in the water?

That's what I was wondering, because it sure looks like they are off the wind-line quite a bit from that smoke...

Who's spotting this thing?

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they know what they're doing and the upper winds are different from surface winds and they're doing a cross wind jump run. Since they can easily calculate forward throw from a cross wind jump run, that just leaves calculating for the upper winds. The military has some fairly good formulae for that. Granted it's beyond my tiny little mind.

That's what I was wondering, because it sure looks like they are off the wind-line quite a bit from that smoke...

Who's spotting this thing?

John, take a look at where the rounds/cargo are in relation to the wind line.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Yes there's a way. First, you join the military;) But, not sure if theres a way...

I'm digging around for the pic I took (not digital) and will post if able.....

We were working w/ a bunch of Danish SF, and "other" SF personnel while we were TDY up there.

and, a unheated tailgate will chill beer......

I took a trip to Belize before I became a skydiver and scubadiver. So I went snorkelling with some friendly sharks and went caving as well.
Belize is an amazing country. I bet the boogie there rocks.
I would love to go back to Belize and especially in a boogie.
Cheers

There's a boogie in Belize but you're a few hundred jumps away from being able to go - I believe it's a 500-jump minimum. I would like to go to that one when I'm eligible. :)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke