FutureJumper

How hard is it for instructor to fling student off?

Did a training jump with an instructor and am sure that something was done to fling me away and mess up my dive. Can this be done quite easily with an instructor who has thousands of jumps and make it look like student has faulted?

LOL. You are sure that the instructor did something? Doubtful. My guess is that you had a less than a stellar exit and are now looking for someone to blame besides yourself.

Did a training jump with an instructor and am sure that something was done to fling me away and mess up my dive. Can this be done quite easily with an instructor who has thousands of jumps and make it look like student has faulted?

Why on earth would they want to do that?

Look, your profile says one jump, was this your first jump? Reality is, you made a mistake and got out of control. That's why you're in training, 'cos you don't know how to do this yet. The important thing is that you listen to your instructors now when they tell you what you did wrong and what you should do differently next time.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Crack is bad, m' kay?
Blue skies,
Keith Medlock

Why on earth would they want to do that?

Look, your profile says one jump, was this your first jump? Reality is, you made a mistake and got out of control. That's why you're in training, 'cos you don't know how to do this yet. The important thing is that you listen to your instructors now when they tell you what you did wrong and what you should do differently next time.

1st jump with one instructor? lol doubt it. I think the implication an instrctor flung him away is great considering the major goal of instruction is to get in close to the student and stay in close with them.

:SB|
__

My mighty steed

Let's see... You have three posts, all of which started threads.

1) A post about your tandem where your instructor blackmailed you.

2) A post about certain skydivers from certain countries that must be unsafe because of different seatbelt use.

3) A post about an instructor failing you on AFF...

Something makes me think you like to start trouble around here...

This is why I like video on training jumps. The instructor is usually wrong... until I watch the video.

Well, actually on my check dive the instructor grabbed me to try and make me unstable to make sure I could recover. So yes they can, but I think everyone else is right, your a douche!
If you do things that don't make you appreciate life than why do them

How hard???? not very hard..

How smart??? not very smart.....

how likely???

welll maybe..... if you had been chatting Up his G F....prior to the jump...
But in reality??/ NOT very likely..

students come in all sorts of sizes, shapes, mental capacity, and physical abilities....they are "walk-ins" off the street... who start, knowing Very Little to nothing.. about freefall.. body position, controlling themselves, altitude awareness and interpretation of the intricacies of a skydive..

THAT's YOU....

instructors may also come in all shapes and sizes...BUt they have EARNED the credentials to take newbies out t he door,,, and are very UNlikely to do something to jeopardize those students....themselves or their DZ..
That's your AFF instructor

Just what was SAID???? during your debrief???

jmy

It's not at all impossible, but, because of the strong gravitational force that exists between two bodies in freefall, there would also have to be a large repulsive force present. I'm not sure if you would be able to generate such a large repulsive force that an instructor would fling you away from him. I bet the instructor would have an opinion on this.

It's not at all impossible, but, because of the strong gravitational force that exists between two bodies in freefall, there would also have to be a large repulsive force present. I'm not sure if you would be able to generate such a large repulsive force that an instructor would fling you away from him. I bet the instructor would have an opinion on this.

It can and does happen. From what I've head, it usually the result of bad body position (de arching, legs askew) on the student causing the pair to turn. The spinning can increases to the point where the pair is flung apart.

It can and does happen. From what I've head, it usually the result of bad body position (de arching, legs askew) on the student causing the pair to turn. The spinning can increases to the point where the pair is flung apart.

LOL, I don't think he was serious...
Blue skies,
Keith Medlock

what did you eat the night before and at what altitude did you start farting?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

2) A post about certain skydivers from certain countries that must be unsafe because of different seatbelt use.

....and doesn't reply to the threads they started. For a troll, they are pretty boring - gone are the days when trolls asked entertaining questions ;)

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=search_results&search_forum=all&search_string=&search_type=AND&search_fields=sb&search_time=&search_user_username=softopening&sb=score&mh=25
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent

In all fairness, he didn't say the TI blackmailed him; he said the TI blackmailed the DZO.

Shirley, you see the difference.

Dear "future jumper":

Thank you for providing me with the funniest moment of my day!

Is it possible for an instructor to do that... You bet.

Is that what happened? Nope.

I hope you are a delightfuly creative troll. If not.... OMG!
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!