Heatmiser

1st reserve ride

Yesterday, I went to deploy at 3500 ft., and I had a hard pull. I pulled the pc out about 5 inches, then it slipped out of my hand. When I reached again for it, I couldn't find it,( part of it was still in the boc, but the extracted length had flipped over into the burble under my rig). I went straight to silver, and was under reserve by 2400 ft.

How does this differ from your ep's in the same situation.

Given your altitude, you had about three more seconds you could have spent trying to locate the pilot chute to pull it.

Review your pilot chute packing procedure with someone knowledgeable to make sure that you're not doing something wrong that caused the hard pull.

Yesterday, I went to deploy at 3500 ft., and I had a hard pull. I pulled the pc out about 5 inches, then it slipped out of my hand. When I reached again for it, I couldn't find it,( part of it was still in the boc, but the extracted length had flipped over into the burble under my rig). I went straight to silver, and was under reserve by 2400 ft.

How does this differ from your ep's in the same situation.

Good job! After your reserve was deployed and you were all sorted out did you make sure the main PC was secure enough not to deploy the main inadvertently? Don't hurt to check. :)

I have a rule: Two and through. If I try twice, and can't get it, then I go to reserve. The method I use to pack my PC is the brian germain method seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axCeYlY_6io
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

Wouldn't you want to release your main before going to silver? Especially since the pilot chute was slightly out... I would be afraid it could dislodge itself and open the main while under the reserve.

No criticism here, I am just wondering/curious

JohnRich did suggest this to me. At the time, I was sure the pc was still in the BOC, I just couldn't get it. 1st thing I did after I was under reserve was to check that it was secure. I know this is one of those scenarios where some advocate one or the other. I am not advocating, but simply stating what I did. YMMV:)

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Hey Pinkee you did what i would do. I would not have cut away now that I have had the exp. i have have had with a PCIT. But to each there own. There is no perfect reserve and if it goes to crap I want a main I can still deploy!:)
How did that terminal reserve open?;) And how did it land?:|

Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

The method I use to pack my PC is the brian germain method seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axCeYlY_6io

That's cool... haven't seen that before.

I'm going to unpack my PC before my next jump and start using that method.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

A simple rule: Try once, Try twice, Go To Plan 'B'.

The sounds like you did this exactly. To spend any more time trying to figure out what was wrong with your main would have been poor judgment. Attempts to rig mid-air have killed numerous skydivers.

Good job, you had a plan and you stuck with it.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Ya know, terminal reserve opening wasn't any worse than my Sabre (1). Quick and to the point. As far as how it flies, it sinks like a shit ton of bricks. PLF'd the landing, didn't even try to stand it up. But you know what, it saved my life, so I can't bitch too much. We put it all back together and I made another jump same day. I didn't want to sit around with it stewing, ya know? I will be much more careful with how I pack my PC from now on.;)